News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AFOMFRB (A Few of My Favorite Recent Builds)

Started by Guitarmageddon, March 12, 2016, 01:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Had quite a busy month...A couple of these are things I've built before, (Britannia,Party Mammoth and Machete) but they're cool so I'm posting the Mk II builds.

Britannia AC 30 emulator paired with with a Stratoblaster Booster...

Party Mammoth II
Wooly Mammoth & Pseudo Ring Modulator with an optical control.

Rakali
A Rat with variable Ruetz, Whiteface/turbo/you dirty  clipping modes and a clean blend.

Dream Weapon III
A dual optical tremolo and Vox Repeat Percussion.
Rej/CJs Electric Boogaloo and a modernised Repeat Percussion with an extra stomp to switch between two rate controls. The VRP and Dream Weapon is all thanks to forum member KayCee who has built all this several times before. Thanks for referring this client to me mate!

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

29palms

matmosphere

Wow, that's some excellent work. Any chance we could get a demo of the mammoth? I'm ingested in how the ring mid sounds.

Guitarmageddon

How can I resist someone who is 'ingested'...:)

Here's a demo I did (quickly) of the first one I built...

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

mshuptar

Thanks for the vid - that pedal sounds killer! Nice graphic for the etch, too!

selfdestroyer

AntKnee

These all look great. The more I see these nice etches around here, the more I want to try it.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Gents.

Quote from: AntKnee on March 14, 2016, 09:37:25 AM
The more I see these nice etches around here, the more I want to try it.
Do it! The more times you do, the easier it gets!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

mrclean77

Nice builds/etches --- I was gonna comment, 'hey, the Party Mammoth probably sounds pretty wild, huh?' and then scrolled to find the video evidence - CRAZY!

I am a sucker for a modded Rat - how do you add clean blend??? That's gotta tame the beast that is a Rat into something a bit more versatile - I imagine the bass guys would dig that

Guitarmageddon

Cheers. The clean blend is a little opamp vero I cooked up. I'll share it if anyone is interested.
Yes, it's good for bass. I like it for guitar too. It preserves the dynamics and front of the note, but you still have the sustain.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

matmosphere

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on March 12, 2016, 05:31:57 AM
How can I resist someone who is 'ingested'...:)

Here's a demo I did (quickly) of the first one I built...

Ugh, my phone makes the worst autocorrect choices. Often I'll type in a word and it will just completely change it.