News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Up Goer Two (Triton Delay)

Started by Timko, March 15, 2016, 06:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I just finished my build of Culturejam's Triton Delay, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  Sourcing my 2399's from Smallbear a while back made setup a breeze (The first one I popped in sounded awesome), and the effect is really something different to have on my board.  This was the first acid etch I was pleased with too; leaving it to etch for 15 minutes was the trick for me!  The graphic (and pedal name) is a nod to the web comic XKCD.  The wiring is a bit sloppy, but there's a lot going on in here with top mounted jacks, 5 pots, and 2 footswitches.

Luke51411

Nice etch and build! I haven't seen any other builds of this yet!

selfdestroyer

Really nice reverse etch. Looks fantastic. Also 10 points for XKCD ref... I am a huge fan.

Cody

bcalla

Beautiful etch!!!  Nice build overall.

jimilee

That's really neat looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

that's a fine looking music repeat sound box right there.

matmosphere

Quote from: midwayfair on March 16, 2016, 07:39:00 AM

Ha, I don't know that it could be said better

Timko

Quote from: midwayfair on March 16, 2016, 07:39:00 AM

I only wish I had named Regen "More" now :).

culturejam

Damn, how did I miss this!??

Awesome build!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Timko

Thanks!  This is the pedal where my attempts at etching started producing results.

Timko

It also sounds great.  It's such a clean delay sound.  A couple of people at the guitar store I frequent have expressed interest if I ever decide I don't need it on my board anymore.

Thomas_H

Great build! Impressive negative etch.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Martan

Really awesome looking build! I just bought one of these boards from CJ in the BST. Looking forward to checking it out.

bcalla

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings