News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Microchip TC7662BCPA

Started by Haberdasher, July 21, 2011, 12:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

I just got a couple and dropped one in a sunking.  It sounds great with 9V with no whine or squeal.  I also fed it about 14.5V from a cheap wall wart but the sunking sounded a little muddy that way for some reason (my caps are all at least 35V).  Anyway, this chip can supposedly take up to 18V before it makes stink-stink.

I don't know how much interest there is in this, but I was thinking at least it is perhaps another alternative for Warhead and Boneyard builders?

Maybe someone else should try one of these out and verify it.

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

well this is interesting! hehe I just posted a question about my Boneyard because I seem to be getting a slight high frequency whine when using 2 pickups on my guitars (I used a Tele and a LP each had the same behavior) but I'm not sure if that's related to the MAX chip. I'd be happy to try it out on my build to see if it does it any good.

Hopefully that can be my excuse to not send it earlier to my friend in Puerto Rico haha :D

Thanks man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

OK cool!  Maybe you'll keep the pedal after all.  ;)

So you'll try one?  That would be great because I've already reached the limit where I can test it in the circuits I have here (still haven't built boneyard or warhead).  I'm curious to know if it runs quietly in your pedal.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

Sure, I can place an order for it. I'm trying to do everything I can with the current pedal as is to see if I can fix the whine. But since I will definitely build another Plexi Legacy for myself, I wanna take my time with it to experiment with a few things to see where I end up with it.

So yeah dude, you can count on it for the boneyard circuit. I'll order a couple, test them out and report my findings :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com