News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

XVive Optos

Started by daleykd, March 18, 2016, 07:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daleykd

Have you guys seen this: http://www.xvive.net/products.asp?sid=189?

Any ideas on how we can obtain the 4/2?

midwayfair

Buy a LOT of them.

Xvive is a wholesaler.

And considering the rarity of the need for that specific part, it's probably going to be extremely hard to fill a group buy for a $15 part when you probably need to buy, like, 1000.

alanp

I'd say organise a groupbuy on MuffWiggler -- the Don Buchla designs use a LOT of VTL optocouplers.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Muffwiggler.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

daleykd

CabinTech Global has the 5C3 and 5C1.  Has anyone tested these?

alanp

IIRC, Cabintech started an account here purely for advertising and got the boot for using the forum to spam, effectively.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

I bought a BBD and timer from Cabintech, via ebay (their websites shipping calculator was busted and I didnt feel like paying 20$ to fedex a chip). Still need to assemble the board to see if they work, but they were shipped quick at least.

gtr2

I have a few, waiting to test them atm
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jposega

Hopefully they don't suck cuz I bought a couple on eBay for a Naughty Fish and 4:1.

madbean

Ask Steve at Smallbear if he will be/can he carry them, too.

daleykd

Quote from: alanp on July 14, 2016, 08:33:40 PM
IIRC, Cabintech started an account here purely for advertising and got the boot for using the forum to spam, effectively.
That's too bad.  I've had good experience with them in the past.

Quote from: somnif on July 14, 2016, 10:48:31 PM
I bought a BBD and timer from Cabintech, via ebay (their websites shipping calculator was busted and I didnt feel like paying 20$ to fedex a chip). Still need to assemble the board to see if they work, but they were shipped quick at least.
I bought the MN3005s from them for the Total Recall and they worked great.

Quote from: jposega on July 15, 2016, 06:03:12 AM
Hopefully they don't suck cuz I bought a couple on eBay for a Naughty Fish and 4:1.
I just bought a few from them for the Naughty Fish (I'm content with my 4:1).  I also bought some real ones (hopefully) from Newark.  I'll try to do a comparison.