News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD this time I built it!!!

Started by jimilee, March 19, 2016, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So the story here is, I got a loaded American strat pick guard in a PIF at Christmas. Recently a fiend gave me the body and neck, thinking the body had a miss drill issue. I didn't experience any issues, so, on with the build. I wanted to make it a hard tail, but it was routed for big block, so I just tightened it all the way down. I've only got about 100.00 in hardware total. Sounds like an American strat, got the action pretty low, so it plays well. I don't know what kind of wood it is, but it's very light weight. Anyway,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

It's about time you got yourself a new guitar!!

Dude, that looks really nice!

jimilee

Thanks, don't tell anyone, but I'm learning how to transition from bass player to guitar player! I've been playing my whole life, but it's time to get better. I'm making use of all these pedals I've built.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Nice work - and that's maybe my favorite strat color. Sage green!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

PhiloB

Beautiful.  Love the color too.  I'm a sucker for strats.  You should have timbo wind some pups for it;)

bcalla

Love the color!  I just paid $75 for a crappy Squier Bullet Strat - getting yours for $100 is sweet.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings