News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - sorta

Started by PhiloB, March 19, 2016, 10:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I've been wanting an offset body guitar for a while.  A squier Jagmaster came up on Craigslist and guy took a volume pedal and a little cash for it.  I had a nice neck (roasted maple with compound radius), Gibson 490r/t pickups and a Callaham bridge from a previous build that was not in use.  Didn't realize the original tremolo was a 2 point until I got it and it is an odd size (not typical USA strat distance apart).  So I decided to DIY the bridge.  The original bridge plate seemed of equal quality/weight as the Callaham and the string spacing was the same so I broke out the router and made room the full size trem block!
The result is probably the most comfortable guitar I have.  The neck is fat (like I like'm).  The ebony fretboard feels really nice.  Compound radius makes for low action.  Alnico ii pups make for a clear and beautiful tone.  And the bridge is solid and stays in tune despite abusing the vibrato.  I'm a huge strat fan but loving this guitar atm.
I plan on replacing the tuning pegs for Grover staggered locking tuners (they'll fit the current holes and I can be rid of the red knobs!!) and I want to try my hand at Reranch spraying and change the color.  What color should I go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blearyeyes

I think the Jazzmaster body shape is the most comfortable ever made.

Funny I've been jonesing for a black guitar. I think it looks cool the way it is.
I'm a sucker for wood too.

How about canary yellow?

PhiloB

Hmmm yellow, may draw too much attention...you know guitarists don't like to draw attention to themselves;)

matmosphere

That looks great. I agree that the jazzmaster is one of the most comfortable body shapes.

blearyeyes

Quote from: PhiloB on March 19, 2016, 10:58:09 AM
Hmmm yellow, may draw too much attention...you know guitarists don't like to draw attention to themselves;)

Well if you play at church, and don't want to get stoned to death, keep it black so it will go unnoticed, or pick a pretty color so the women will relate and deem it harmless. For the pretty colors you will have to ask your wife or girlfriend or a female type human as they see the in between pretty colors like taupe etc.  (joking....kinda)

nzCdog

Spray it in stripes! (Congratulations on NGD)

PhiloB

Black and Yellow stripes...throw back to the 80s!