News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CopperSound pedals

Started by jprizz, March 21, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprizz

Recently I found out a co-worker is into DIY effects pedals so we have been sharing info back and forth. He sent me this today:
"So strangely enough. . .I just found myself on this site this morning, and they've got two pedals that look just like your Fatpants." 

http://coppersoundpedals.com/gallery/

Anybody ever heard of them or know who they are? Looks like I've been KLON'ed so I need to remember "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Feel free to knock me off my high horse! Ok back to my hole....

-Josh

Martan

Woah. Thats quite a coincidence if he'd never seen your pedal before. It is a great design.

playpunk

Quote from: jprizz on March 21, 2016, 01:04:39 PM
Recently I found out a co-worker is into DIY effects pedals so we have been sharing info back and forth. He sent me this today:
"So strangely enough. . .I just found myself on this site this morning, and they've got two pedals that look just like your Fatpants." 

Anybody ever heard of them or know who they are? Looks like I've been KLON'ed so I need to remember "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

-Josh

Jeez, I just thought Coppersound was you. A lottabit fishy if you ask me.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Quote from: playpunk on March 21, 2016, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: jprizz on March 21, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

-Josh

Jeez, I just thought Coppersound was you. A lottabit fishy if you ask me.

Same here.. but.. its bound to happen unfortinetly. Its a great design that is not seen in the retail world.

Market yours as "The Original" lol

Cody

Thomas_H

Yours is far better aligned and has the better proportions :-)

The circuit may not be protectable but your design is! Maybe drop that guy a nice mail?

best
Thomas
DIY-PCBs and projects:

jprizz

Thanks guys! I think mine is better looking too!! ;)

Yes, I definitely can't claim anything with the circuit for sure, I'm standing on the shoulders of GIANTS around here. And in reality I took my aesthetics from another genius  ;D Only thing I can claim is the idea of sticking a Strat input jack into a pedal enclosure. And since I'm never going into production I've got nothing to lose.

At least take me out to dinner first... :P

Leevibe

At the very least, around here we know which is the original.

Willybomb

It's a bit bloody rude though.

muehring

I saw an ad recently with that strat pedal in it.  I forget where or for what it was for, but I recognized it from your pedal.  That's lame.

matmosphere

I think he definitely lifted your design, but I agree that your's looks better. I don't like LED placement on his, or the bevel for that matter. The 10mm LED looks like overkill.

I will say the Telegraph Stutter pedal is pretty darn cool looking though.

diablochris6

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 21, 2016, 01:57:39 PM
Market yours as "The Original" lol

Yeah, wasn't your built on a card table?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here