News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nineteen59 (video demo and more)

Started by pryde, March 21, 2016, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a first (and probably last) for me. After months of breadboarding, trial and error pcbs, tearing out hair and crying it finally lives. Many here are likely familiar with the now defunct dual-channel Boneyard circuit. Well this is that except the layout is redone from the ground-up to KILL the oscillation that has plagued previous layouts and attempts over past years. Everything from adding buffers, shielded wire, tweaking component values, etc never quite worked. I want to graciously thank Ben (rollywow) for going down this rabbit hole with me. Although his layouts ultimately didn't kill the OS, we learned a great deal about how to end it once and for all. As he is very busy, I decided to stop bugging him for revised experimental pcb layouts and finally worked it out myself (he did give me many pointers again when I was creating my Diptrace pcbs). THANKS BEN!

So after finally nailing the pcb layout right, the circuit is dead-quiet and sounds fantastic, no buffer, no shielded wire, no band-aids  :). So next I designed a cool box and went through the PPP UV screen printing and drilling process and had a batch of them made. I think they look pretty sharp and classy.

Not stopping there, I wanted to do a video pedal demo for business promotion, fun, and to sell some of these bad boys. Myself and a customer/friend recorded all guitar tracks in the vid. The video was created with Filmora software. I had a lot of fun with the whole process. This was all a TON of work but very rewarding to see it through. I hope you enjoy it.

Willybomb

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jubal81

And another home run!
It looks so simple and perfect, which is why I know exactly how much work this took. Outstanding work, bud.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

brejna

Love your build and video! Will these pcbs be available to us? Btw did you use 1M in the Lead pot position?

Orbis_Ignis

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

pryde

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: brejna on March 21, 2016, 10:51:03 PM
Love your build and video! Will these pcbs be available to us? Btw did you use 1M in the Lead pot position?

Yes I used 1MA in the lead position (and 50KA in crunch side). I also tried 2M without issues but felt it didn't do anything different than 1M.
As for pcbs I will first defer to rollywow as he may still decide to redo his layout based on mine and sell those from his store. If not then I will see about offering some here.

brejna

Thanks, whatever you decide I would like to grab pcb. :)

pryde

Quote from: brejna on March 30, 2016, 07:30:58 AM
Thanks, whatever you decide I would like to grab pcb. :)

I should have some extras when I get the Elecrow shipment in. My initial "projected sales" of the pedal are falling a little short   :D

Mich P

Great Job.
I'm down for a pcb as well.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Mich P.

Orbis_Ignis

That looks really nice. Definitely looks professional and very clean

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Manc

chuckbuick

Nice.  The hard work paid off.  Looks great and sounds great.