Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Friendly Bands

Started by Smeero, July 10, 2011, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: petesz on October 18, 2011, 06:00:53 AM
Hey Magic, i reckon you would be into these dudes:

Kinda like 70's revival but so good! And i know its not real pedal heavy but theres some cool amp tones anyway ;)

Pete - Just got to see these guys last week!!! My buddies band opened for them, they keep getting killer slots and even more now that they are joining the Tee Pee family. Great guys, really nice got to speak to them afterwards. The only pedal i saw was a MXR micro amp, they got all the tone's they really needed from the orange amps. Accompanied light show by Mad Alchemist bringing the spirit of the 60's back!!
I'll admit they are growing more on me.. ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Bret608

I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now! Can't wait to check out some of what folks have mentioned here as I'm by no means familiar with all of it.

I think it's important I mention Dinosaur Jr./J Mascis here. Notorious pedal junkie, and more or less the reason I started playing guitar besides Bob Mould, MBV, Sonic Youth, Neil Young, etc...

I won't post anything as there's a lot out there on YouTube, and sorry if someone already mentioned J!

rps-10

You can't get more pedal friendly than this lot..  Avengers in Sci-Fi

jtn191

Here's a video I shot of my friends recording an album in progress

They're the only people I talk pedal geekery with so I'd say that makes them pedal friendly.
The guitarist uses a Plexitone and it's real sweet
You should "like" Titan on Facebook...I'm managing them for a class  8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

crashguitar

The Avengers in Sci-fi video is interesting. This reminds me of a gig I played where we opened for an band called Angles Drake. They described themselves as pedal rock, which seems a good fit for the Avengers in Sci-fi as well.

jtn191

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on February 07, 2012, 07:05:09 PM
Woah is it these guys?
http://www.myspace.com/titanaut

Nah it's these:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Titan/125404780894654
http://titanrock.bandcamp.com/

similar style by they're more catchy/riff-based imo

I'd also like to mention another local pedal-band Hot Filbert...crazy sounds for a duo!
http://soundcloud.com/hot-filbert/i-before-e-except-after-c-and

Om_Audio

I'm digging this thread.
Hey Magic, I liked the band Earth you posted, told my band mate John about them and he goes "Oh yeah, I was in that band- I played on the Hex album in 2005"
then we had a great Moonbeams session. The end.
:)
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 11, 2011, 07:32:09 AM
Something old and something new..
Sent via soup cans and string.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Om_Audio on February 08, 2012, 05:10:49 AM
I'm digging this thread.
Hey Magic, I liked the band Earth you posted, told my band mate John about them and he goes "Oh yeah, I was in that band- I played on the Hex album in 2005"
then we had a great Moonbeams session. The end.
:)
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 11, 2011, 07:32:09 AM
Something old and something new..

what!?!?! MF!!! That's the changeover album that defined the sound of the last couple albums which I'm really enjoying..We should jam soon!

Smeero

juansolo

Not what I'd call unknown, but less known I suppose and very pedal friendly (Dave has a habit of going off on one with the effects board at gigs...). Bit of Magnet for you. This track in particular having my favourite fuzz tone of all time:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: blkmagik98 on September 11, 2011, 12:45:57 AM
Baroness....vids are easy enough to find, so I won't post any links. I saw them twice here in Holland last year and got to talk to John Baizley (singer, guitar) about his pedal board. He is a gear junkie and said that he has over 400 pedals (!) at home.

Baizley's insanely talented, I love his art and really dig Baroness, saw them a couple years back with Mastodon.  I had no idea he was such a pedal junkie, that's rad.

Smeero