News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 more all built up and stuff

Started by rmfroyd, March 24, 2016, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmfroyd

Collosalus.  This build almost killed me.  Went through two boards before I got it to work.  Sounds great, didn't think I had much use for a Flanger.  This one changed my mind.

GuitarPCB Dr. Phybes.  I redid the Led lighting on this one to get it a bit brighter.

Skyrim inspired Proco Rat.  Machined the circuit for this.  Got the layout from storyboardists website.

Addy Bart

That's a nice enclosure finish on the flanger. Envirotex?

rmfroyd

Thanks.

I use this stuff:
Omni 161 AU,(not my pic)

Paint the enclosure white, apply waterslide.  Let waterslide dry for an hour.  Spray on one heavy coat of clear.  Bake at 150 degees F for 40 minutes.  Cool, apply one more coat of clear, bake for 40.  Let sit over night.

Sand and Polish the next morning. Using these:

and a buffing wheel.

Addy Bart

Impressive! If only I had a spare oven to do this...

rmfroyd

Quote from: Addy Bart on March 24, 2016, 12:52:03 PM
Impressive! If only I had a spare oven to do this...

Yeah, there is no way I could pull this off at home.  My wife would murder me.
The MSDS says that you can airdry for 9 hours, ready to Polish after 16 hours.

I don't have that kind of patience though.

flanagan0718

These look Great! Love the flange and Skyrim pedals.

chuckbuick

Sharp looking group of pedals.  Well done!

Leevibe

Beautiful! I especially love the flanger.

matmosphere

Those all look great!

I will have the soul train theme stick in my head all day now.

jimilee

Those are awesome. 4 words : yard sale toaster oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

I love the rat, for some reason I really like the black washer on that one.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bscur

Those all look great. Did you make that light plate yourself on the phaser? Excellent touch. The rat is so sleek and sharp. Is that etched with a machine?? Finally, are those leds on the Colossalus oval? They look like it, very nice. My first Colossalus didn't work and I have another board ready to try. You give me hope. I think that seems  to be one of the toughest boards  for people to get working, based on what I've observed here. Good job.

rmfroyd

Quote from: bscur on March 24, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
Those all look great. Did you make that light plate yourself on the phaser? Excellent touch. The rat is so sleek and sharp. Is that etched with a machine?? Finally, are those leds on the Colossalus oval? They look like it, very nice. My first Colossalus didn't work and I have another board ready to try. You give me hope. I think that seems  to be one of the toughest boards  for people to get working, based on what I've observed here. Good job.

Thanks.  Yes I did,  I machined at light refractionator out of aluminum and polished it:

Then I put it inside the boss knob.  The lightpipe itself is acrylic that I sandblasted.

Led array:

I did one before that had the LEDS shooting straight up and reflecting back, and it just didn't have the effect I was going for.  THe refractionator solved that.

The Rat pedal was brushed first, then half-assedly polished, sprayed with black epoxy primer, and then laser etched.

The led opening are oval that I filed and dremeled.  Leds are still roun.

Good luck on the collosalus.  Make sure you have extra IC's.  I think something went wrong on my first build and fried a good portion of mine.

lincolnic

These look awesome. Hope to see more of your work soon!

Martan

Yeah, man, Great work! I echo everyone's comments (including the collasallus issues I'm having:))

Love the knobs on the rat. Also laser etched?