News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two more builds from this week

Started by gül, March 25, 2016, 04:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gül

I'm out of work on temporary disability. I'm supposed to stay off my feet, so what better thing to do than finish up some of the myriad of un-finished projects I have on my desk?

First is a Sonic Titan in a 1590b enclosure. I just love the D*A*M circuits. The PCB was etched by me, storyboardist layout (over at http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com). The enclosure was done by my wife. She used india inks on this one. I think it came out fantastic. One of the inks she used is sparkly, I tried to show it with the flash photo below, but it looks sooooo much better in person. Wifey now has a stack of blank enclosures on her desk, waiting for some love.  ;)

Next is an Echopathetic in a Hammond 1590b enclosure. I usually don't spend the extra dough to get actual Hammond brand enclosures. I have to say, the Hammond was easier to work with in a lot of ways. For example, on this enclosure I used india ink to paint the pedal with... On the non-Hammond enclosures I tried to paint with the ink, it would streak all over the place and not stay put on the surface no matter how much I prepped the enclosure first. All I did was use some steel wool to prep the Hammond enclosure, and the ink went on beautifully. The drilling was smoother, too. Worth the extra money, IMO. I did the lettering with those Posca markers that Paul of DIYguitarpedals.com suggested. They're great.

Anyway, the Echopathetic circuit was designed by allesz. I etched the PCB from the storyboardist layout. Most folks don't seem to think this effect is worth boxing, but I absolutely love it on guitar. I had the BBD chips, so why not?

lincolnic

Both of these look awesome! Really nice work.

Mojo Fandangle

Wifey done good! That's the coolest enclosure I've seen in a long time
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

gül

Lubdar

Those are really cool looking!!  I really dig the paint jobs on them a lot; and the guts look great as well.
(--c^.^)--c