News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ping troubleshooting

Started by LateCentury, March 26, 2016, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateCentury

I tried that. It didn't work at all, didn't even power on. Maybe my drawing was wrong.

I flipped the regulator and got almost the exact same readings. Still did not pass a signal when switched on. Only a very faint one that I could hear once I cranked up the volume on the amp. I could even hear some self-oscillation when the pots were both at max. In the process I broke a leg on the REG, so I might as well socket a new one in this time.  :-\

LateCentury

Got a new transistor and a new IC and it works! I needed up trying 4 different TL072's before I found one that worked. Now to finish the enclosure and box this up... Thank god the problem wasn't some other hard to remove component.

Leevibe

Congrats! Good job sticking with it. How does it sound??? I have to say, it seems a little suspect to have that many TL072s be bad. Curious where you sourced them. Hopefully it's just a bad run of parts and not an intermittent problem that will resurface. Anyway, at least you know it works. That's awesome. I need to put in a SB order so I can start rocking some of these 1590g's.

LateCentury

I'm not 100% sure it wasn't a bad or damaged transistor either. It sounds good! There is a little self oscillation when both pots are cranked, and i kind of wish there was more. But its good the way it is. crossing my fingers nothing breaks after I box it up...