News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger sockets

Started by Ash, March 27, 2016, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I am finally ready to build my Harbinger. I wanted to get several projects down (over 20 now) so its time. I am wondering, those of you that have built this, is there any thing you wish you had socketed that you didnt? The power options I likely will (just in case I want to change it up later) but what about the bulb or the photocells? I havent really seen anyone say they socket these but it seems like if you burn a bulb it would be easier to swap.

TNblueshawk

My thoughts on the bulb is that it isn't that hard to desolder and resolder that item. However I did socket one Vibe build and then I soldered one leg of the bulb into the socket that way I knew it wouldn't go anywhere. I'm not sure I really gained anything there but it sounded like a good idea at the time.
John

idy

Might be worth a try to socket the LDRs: many will work, they are not in parallel to fixed resistors so the slope is more important,  you might hear something...
...And try the phaser caps (4 of them) as there is lots of discussion of different configurations (MXR phase 90, voodoo vibe, etc.)

Bursarboy

Just built it - killer vibe.  Maybe socket C22 depending upon how you feel about the rate LED.  At 1uF you don't see the LED light up until about 11:00 or so on the speed pot.  You could try maybe slightly higher caps up to about 10uF - this allows you to start to see the LED earlier.  If you don't care about the rate LED don't worry about it.

T