News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How was your Saturday?

Started by jimilee, April 03, 2016, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I'm playing through a Jenny Greenteeth weird chorus pedal yesterday trying to decide if I want to put it on a pedal board or build a small stone chorus. I'm getting a terrible buzzing and I narrow it down to the cable, so I pull the cable apart, fix it and plug it in. Now the pedal won't work but I have bypass. Pull the pedal apart and spend 30 minutes trying to figure out why, then I realize I have the cables plugged in backwards. Dammit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Those situations always bring you back down to earth, don't they? LOL. I did something similar the other day. I had switched guitars, walked off to do something, came back, start playing and no sound. Pushed buttons, turned knobs, etc... And still no sound. Looked down at my cable and it was disconnected from my pedalboard. Oh how to be humble.  8)

gtr2

Other Sunday spent a while wondering why I wasn't getting any sound through my amp.  Went through the pedalboard chain to the amp...  Was baffled, then I plugged the guitar in  ::)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtaormina

I have my 2x12 wired with a toggle that can be a single input with 8ohms or 8 ohms and I send the signal out for a second cab at 8ohms for 16 total. I bumped the toggle after a gig and at practice I was freaking out when my amp was not producing any sound. It was only the toggle.

thesmokingman

I get finished with an od-820 build and its got od and more od ... no clean blend. granted I'm guilty of a parts sub by using a j201 instead of the 2sk246 but its function is as a buffer ... still haven't sussed this one out
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX