News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klown Senator on TGP - Sunking Layout?

Started by aziltz, July 13, 2011, 07:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

gtr2

I don't think so.  But....I've seen a guy on ebay selling a lot of pedals using direct MB layouts.  Check out the gut shots on his builds.

http://shop.ebay.com/statikwave/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I'm not in to calling people out but this certainly isn't in the spirit of DIY  :-\
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

It's not a Sunking. It's Bajaman's layout, I think.

madbean

Quote from: gtr2 on July 13, 2011, 08:00:37 AM
I don't think so.  But....I've seen a guy on ebay selling a lot of pedals using direct MB layouts.  Check out the gut shots on his builds.

http://shop.ebay.com/statikwave/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I'm not in to calling people out but this certainly isn't in the spirit of DIY  :-\

goddammitsomuch

Jimihendrix1987

WHat the F$%&  :o :o :o :o :o :o And he is selling everything more expensive than expected !!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

madbean

I've contacted the seller. I usually try to stay very hands off on this kind of thing but this goes too far. I'll take care of it...thanks for the heads up Josh.

Smeero

wow... that is bold bullsh*t right there.

Can't imagine how many more ripoffs go undetected because there are no gut shots.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Geez that's not cool. It's insane that someone is just setting up shop using all of the stuff your providing. It'll be a bummer if we have to resort to keeping things privatized to combat people using us and what we offer. I still have not sold a pedal I've built for more than $100.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

I saw all that stuff last niht and about s$#t myself. the hits just keep on rollin'
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

night-B

Holy crap! Never thought someone would dare selling like that.  :-\
I think this kind of projects are only for yourself and your friends. If you design your own circuit that's a good news to sell like that, but using the work of a manufacturer and all the DIYers on the forums (degooping, tracing, testing, correcting, optimizing etc..) to make your own profit on their back, that's really disgusting !
What did the seller told you when you asked?

Quick note: he has built the tycobrahe octavia without an octave on/off switch (for example) . I think he doesn't cares about satisfying his customers, but giving something that works, with minimal effort...

TheCobbenator

Wow, that's weak. This is the guy who gave in when everyone says "wow, you should go into business!" To which we all know that isn't the point and isn't lucrative anyway. What an a$$.

madbean

Well, I don't want to start a witch hunt here. I don't care that he's selling pedals, or clones, etc. The only issue is the use of the PCB artwork to do so. I'm waiting for a response from the seller, so I'll withhold saying anything else until I've had a chance to talk to him. Hopefully, it is just a misunderstanding.

Haberdasher

As an aside, Klown Senator has to simultaneously be the best and the worst name ever conceived.  :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

Quote from: Haberdasher on July 13, 2011, 12:20:40 PM
As an aside, Klown Senator has to simultaneously be the best and the worst name ever conceived.  :D
Which makes it the best!  lol

irmcdermott

Gosh, that stuff bothers me so friggin' much. If I ever build a pedal for someone using someone else's PCB artwork, I always just put together a BOM and charge them for parts & shipping. The only time I ever will charge additional is if it's my own layout. Sheesh. That's just me though.... and my little vent. I hope you can work everything out with the seller Brian.