Main Menu

Nameless ?Flanger build

Started by LaceSensor, April 07, 2016, 06:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi

Here is my build of the AlanP "Nameless" Lovetone ? Flange with no name "lite"
It sounds really very good.

I decided to include the stereo out option, and also modded the build for the Lovetone "light jack" CV in control - which is in essence a parralel resistance on the manual pot.
I tested this with my Lovetone light jack tools and it functions correctly. Please see image for this mod.

I had to shield a lot of the wiring to reduce ticking. For now its sounding really good and the only ticking is in bypass, in square LFO for Space, with the stereo switch "down". So not a big loss, considering you can always leave that switch in the up position and not compromise anyhing else. That is actually a phase switch, not a stereo switch per-se, and only affects the bypass signal anyway, so it was a bit of a misnomer. The effect isnt true stereo, what it does is split the time and space fucntions to two independant outputs. So, meh.

Of course as this is the shrunken "lite" version there are not FX loop jacks and associated footswitch but again this isnt a bit loss.

This fired up first time and sounds extremely close to my real deal. Kudos Alan. Thankyou.

BrianS

Looks fantastic. Thanks for the info on the wire shielding. Will definately do that when I build mine and cross my fingers that it will also fire up the first time.

LaceSensor

Quote from: BrianS on April 07, 2016, 06:58:47 AM
Looks fantastic. Thanks for the info on the wire shielding. Will definately do that when I build mine and cross my fingers that it will also fire up the first time.

thanks

Martan

Looks great! Thank you for the build advice. Where did you get your in/out jacks?

Jebus

Awesome! So much cool stuff in such a small enclosure (compared to the original.. ;D). Can't wait to build mine!

LaceSensor

alanp

Verra nice :)

Although if you ever take it out of the box again, I'd suggest some M3 nylon bolts to hold it together. As it is, right now there is just the pins in the sockets holding the two boards together.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jubal81

Now that is really inspiring. Pro work all around. Super impressed.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Quote from: alanp on April 07, 2016, 10:08:55 AM
Verra nice :)

Although if you ever take it out of the box again, I'd suggest some M3 nylon bolts to hold it together. As it is, right now there is just the pins in the sockets holding the two boards together.

Seconded. I've had issues with this after the pedal gets jostled a bit. Feels snug on its own, but after some stomping ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

LaceSensor

Thanks for the concern, but there is a very very reliably sticky foam padding used to keep the two PCBs together.

:P

Martan

m-Kresol

Nice one Lace. Good to hear that it's close to the original from someone actually owning the original
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

LaceSensor

Quote from: Martan on April 07, 2016, 01:27:33 PM
"Flange with Mane"?
:D

the flange with a mane

the a is in the "?" symbol

it was my workaround name for the couple of builds I made :)

jimilee

Coolio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

monkeyssj1