News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring PRE-DELAY MIX?

Started by matt239, February 12, 2015, 10:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt239

What would be the best way to add a pre-delay mix control?

That is, to mix some un-pre-delayed dry signal in with the delay, before the reverb.

madbean

Funny you say that cause that idea occurred to me after I released it (d'oh).

Anyway, take the dry signal from the negative side of C5 (no filtering) or C9 (somewhat filtered), use a resistor or trimpot  inline to set the signal level and then connect that to pin3 of the reverb brick.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on February 12, 2015, 11:00:39 PM

Anyway, take the dry signal from the negative side of C5 (no filtering) or C9 (somewhat filtered), use a resistor or trimpot  inline to set the signal level and then connect that to pin3 of the reverb brick.

This may be EPIC.. Thanks Brian.

Cody

madbean

Let me know how it turns out. Maybe I could work in a revision later on if it is worth the effort.

selfdestroyer

I am thinking of popping mine open this weekend. Sounds like a very usable mod.

Cody

matt239

Quote from: madbean on February 12, 2015, 11:00:39 PM

Thanks Brian!

- Wait, won't that create a feedback path around the delay chip?  Wouldn't we need a buffer?

- Not that repeats on the delay are bad, but it would be hard to control that and the dry signal to reverb all at once..
Wouldn't be too hard to put in a buffer I guess..
Or am I missing something?

It may take me a while, (I don't even have the board yet, & lot's going on.. ) but I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

I love this concept, even before the mod.. :)

matt239

"- Wait, won't that create a feedback path around the delay chip?  Wouldn't we need a buffer?"

madbean

Hmm, you may be right about that. It could create feedback into the delay input, which can be controlled with sufficient resistance, but then you may not get the result you actually are hoping for.

A JFET buffer would have the lowest part/connection count. That's what I would try first.

Boba7

Just thinking out loud, in case anyone's interested (sorry for reviving an old thread)

So that means I could have a simple switch (after C9) to chose between the standard Mood ring (with predelay, connect C9 normally to the rest of the circuit) and a more "classic" reverb (connect C9 to a trimpot going to pin3 of the brick... Right? :) And even in the "classic reverb" setting the feedback circuit would work right?

That sounds like an interesting mod I think... That on a switch and a 2nd footswitch for either full depth or full feedback, it'd make a pretty awesome pedal!

So when is the pcb available again? :)