News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trem-O-Verb

Started by Aleph Null, April 15, 2016, 09:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

Built a double pedal trem/verb for a friend. I used BYOC micro pedal boards because I knew they would fit easily and sound good.  I added an order switch; verb into trem is traditional, but I love the sound of trem into verb. I was surprised at how good the reverb sounded—smooth, lush, plenty of range, though maybe a little bright for some.

I used acrylic paint and clear coat with an oil-based marker and stencils for the lettering.

PSA: Rest-Oleum brand paint stinks out loud! It doesn't want to adhere to metal. I had to finish this enclosure twice and touch it up even after that.

nmbb

Luke51411

Nice build! What reverb chip is it using?

Aleph Null

It uses a Spin FV-1. It's an SMD chip, but BYOC will solder it for you if you like. It's my understanding there are other programs available on the chip. This circuit only utilizes the plate reverb algorithm.

marmora

Ran across your pics of this build on Flickr recently and was going to message you about it.
Looks great and I bet it sounds fantastic too. Your friend is a lucky guy!

Aleph Null

Quote from: marmora on April 16, 2016, 12:02:44 AM
Ran across your pics of this build on Flickr recently and was going to message you about it.
Looks great and I bet it sounds fantastic too. Your friend is a lucky guy!
Thanks! Initial reports from the friend are good. It was hard ship it after testing it. I might build another for myself eventually.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

playpunk

Nice! Very clean, especially for a multi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

stringsthings

I'm surprised that you had trouble with the spray paints.  I use Rustoleum spray paint all the time.   
First, I sand the enclosure a bit and then I use the self-etching primer.  A few coats goes on very quickly.
And then the color coats.  Let it dry.   Decal.  Let it dry.  Clearcoats.  So far, I've not had any problems
with the paint not adhering.

BTW, very nice build !  :)
All You Need Is Love

Aleph Null

Quote from: stringsthings on April 16, 2016, 10:11:43 PM
I'm surprised that you had trouble with the spray paints.  I use Rustoleum spray paint all the time.   
First, I sand the enclosure a bit and then I use the self-etching primer.  A few coats goes on very quickly.
And then the color coats.  Let it dry.   Decal.  Let it dry.  Clearcoats.  So far, I've not had any problems
with the paint not adhering.

BTW, very nice build !  :)
I've used Krylon in the past with no primer and no issues, just another coat of color or two. Sounds like the right primer is critical for Rust-Oleum. The can says it adheres to metal... [emoji19]