News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shred Dominator

Started by chuckbuick, April 12, 2016, 02:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

It's been a while since I've finished a build.  And it feels great!  This is a GCFX Shred Dominator PCB designed by Yours truly.  The plan with this PCB design was to make it fit in a 1590B with top-mounted or side-mounted jacks.  Rej built his proto with side-mount and I'm happy to say the top-mounts just fit.  The new GCFX Helvete (HM-2) PCB uses the same footprint and control locations as this one so it will go either way as well.  I'm hoping to get my Helvete finished tomorrow.

*** NOTE - The 1590B drill template in the build docs are for side-mount jacks.  I'll get info for top-mounted jacks soon. ***

Thanks again to all who participated in the Metulz Trio group buy.  If you missed out and would like a PCB head on over to Grind Customs FX website and pick yourself up one there.

GrindCustoms

Dude! That's looking great, nice job on the top mounted jack 1590B... ...i say mission acomplished!  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

So clean! That decal came out great.

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Cody

jimilee

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Martan

Man that looks awesome! Your pics always look pro as well. Great work! I hope your pick hand can keep up with the urge to put it through the paces😀

chuckbuick

Thanks guys.
Quote from: Martan on April 13, 2016, 01:38:07 AM
I hope your pick hand can keep up with the urge to put it through the paces😀
Not at all.  The pedal is a lot faster than I am :)

Lubdar

Looks Awesome!!!
Is it weird that for some reason I'm floored by the solder work on the pot lugs?
(--c^.^)--c

wgc

indeed, those are some fine looking solder joints, especially for that ancient thru hole technology you see in egyptian tombs from time to time. 

Only thing keeping this from meeting mil-spec is the wire strip lengths and the bare wire at the bypass. ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Martan

Are you cleaning the flux off after? If so, what do you use?

chuckbuick

Quote from: Lubdar on April 13, 2016, 02:46:23 AM
Looks Awesome!!!
Is it weird that for some reason I'm floored by the solder work on the pot lugs?
Thanks.  Might be a little weird but I'm not judging.

Quote from: Martan on April 13, 2016, 02:29:23 PM
Are you cleaning the flux off after? If so, what do you use?

Yes.  Just using alcohol.  I prefer the 99% stuff but even 70% works.  Just takes a bit more time and more applications.

TNblueshawk

Great looking build Mark. Too clean in and out.
John

Adam_DIY

Wow that looks magnificent the decal is rodiculous.  Love it.

chuckbuick

Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

I added a note in my OP as well as the group buy thread that the 1590B drill template in the build docs is for side-mount jacks.  I'll get the info needed for top-mounted jacks soon.