News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

questions about dirt baby

Started by jman77, April 14, 2016, 02:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman77

so im think of doing this project, but i have questions. i see in the bom u can use a LM78L05 instead of a LM7805. is this the one i can sub with(http://www.mammothelectronics.com/LM78L05ACZ-p/400-1108.htm)?
second the trim pot situation. where do u all source these 3362s besides mouser? it appears there is not enough room to use the 3386 trimmers like i did on my chunk chunk build. i usually get everything from smallbear(5% toler caps) and mammoth(everything else).  i even though about using a reg pot(dont know if it should be a log or lin one though) instead of a trimmer so i could adust it on the fly if i wanted to.

Orbis_Ignis

That should be it, but they definitely have the wrong thing pictured. I've gotten both parts from Tayda and Mouser. Tayda has many of the 3362's but not all of them. If you need the parts fast I'd get them from Mouser. I like Tayda but they are super slow.

alanp

It's the other way around for me -- Tayda's DHL Express is quicker than Mouser! (RS-Online is the absolute Speedy Gonzales of electronic parts for me, however.)

Tayda's 3362 trimmers are what I tend to stock up on. If you can't get the value you want for love or money, then use a larger value, and solder a resistor on the back to get it in the right range. (There are lots of parallel resistor calculators on the net.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website