News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy DLX problems

Started by Orbis_Ignis, April 12, 2016, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbis_Ignis

Tracked it down to the cancel trimmer. Reflowed the solder and now I get correct voltages on both q3&4. Still no delay. The audio is coming out of pin 3&4 of the bbd, but I'm not getting any audio out of the cancel trimmer. Setting the trimmer halfway my voltages on all 3 pins is 3.3v

Edit: I was looking at the schematic wrong. Looks like I need to probe between ic3&4

Orbis_Ignis

Well, now I'm just getting clock noise on pins 3&4 of the first bbd and it goes all the way to pin 7 of the second bbd :-\

dannoceti

Are you sure you are biasing correctly? I used a fequency analyzer iPhone app to determine the clock fequency when audio probing pin2 of IC5. Set the clock to around 6.5khz, then audio probe the first BBD on pin 3.  What I didn't realize first time around was that bias trimmer 1 will be almost completely clockwise to pass delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orbis_Ignis

Can't bias it. I'm not getting any repeats on pins 3 or 4. Just clock noise. My clock is set at 6.5 Hz, which is fully clock wise on the trimmer

Edit: Just checked again and the lowest I can get the clock is 7.2kHz

Orbis_Ignis

Turn the clock up to 11.48kHz. I can get delay but only with both bbd's in. So I can't bias it like the dock says. Should I be looking at C33 and possibly changing it

Orbis_Ignis

alrighty....I got this bad boy working. I couldn't bias it without both bbd's in. I also changed out C33 to a 150pF, even though my other was measuring at 117pF. That made a huge difference in the clock trimmer, which gave me a huge range to work with. Everything is biased and now I just need to make an enclosure for it. :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on April 13, 2016, 11:40:00 AM
alrighty....I got this bad boy working. I couldn't bias it without both bbd's in. I also changed out C33 to a 150pF, even though my other was measuring at 117pF. That made a huge difference in the clock trimmer, which gave me a huge range to work with. Everything is biased and now I just need to make an enclosure for it. :)

Thats awesome news.. way to stick with it man!

Cody

Martan

Orbis_Ignis

Thanks guys! I guess I should also mention that I had to use my audio probe to bias the two bbd's. I would get any delay out until I biased both of them. Now I have a sweet sounding delay with very long delay time. Can't wait to get this thing boxed up.