News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grayskull

Started by chuckbuick, April 18, 2016, 07:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

"How about a Mad Professor Stone Grey with too many clipping options?  How about 4 clipping options on a rotary switch?  With the ability to switch them between symmetrical and asymmetrical, too?"  These are the kind of questions I ask myself when I have too much time on my hands and I'm going through Eagle withdrawals.  So how about it?  Totally unnecessary.  The germanium diodes just make it a low-gain OD that is just kinda bland.  The silicon diodes sound about the same as the transistors.  But I guess I sort of expected that.  The LED's are a bit different.  About the normal difference you would expect between LED and silicon in any other distortion circuit.

Clipping aside, it's a great distortion circuit.  There is a stripped-down, through-hole version in process to be released later this year for Grind Customs FX.  Here's a bit about that.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21664.0

Here it is in all of it's overdone glory.

tcpoint

Wow.  What a nice build.  Love the layout.

Martan

Too cool! Totally worth it even if you aren't thrilled with all the clipping options. Btw, if I blur my eyes I see Skeletor in the Gutshot. Was that intentional with the white wire teeth? :)

selfdestroyer

I was waiting for this one to get posted! Great job on that layout. But only 8 clipping options? :)

Cody

stringsthings

Very nice.  I like those knobs.
All You Need Is Love

m-Kresol

probably overkill, but who cares? Great job on layout, wiring and finish
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Badassery all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chuckbuick

Thanks for the nice words, guys.
Quote from: Martan on April 18, 2016, 08:24:10 PM
Btw, if I blur my eyes I see Skeletor in the Gutshot. Was that intentional with the white wire teeth? :)
Totally accidental.  But I like your imagination.
Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 18, 2016, 09:09:18 PM
I was waiting for this one to get posted! Great job on that layout. But only 8 clipping options? :)

Cody
I prolly would've done more but I ran out of switches  :).

studiodunn

AntKnee

Thats some sloppy work, mam. How do you sleep at night?
;D
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

blearyeyes

I cant see the components even if I squint.

great job!

Stomptown

Whoa dude! That is just sickening!  I seriously love the graphics for the clipping rotary and toggle. And that wiring!!!