News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blend circuit for bit crusher

Started by Beedoola, January 09, 2017, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I'm building the Parasite Audio Bit crusher and I'd like to build a blend control to use with it. There are a few on Tagboardeffects blog and I wanted to know which of those - or any others - you might recommend?

I may also build a boost to use after the circuit. Any recommendations on that? I don't need a lot of boost - it's not meant to be used as a booster usually is - and I'd prefer something that won't alter the tone too much. It would really be used as a Master Volume and a slight volume boost.

I was looking at the "Split n' Blend" on this page:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search/label/Blend

diablochris6

I would highly recommend the JMK Panner circuit. http://jmkpcbs.com/product/panner/

This doesn't give you the weak signal when you try to blend the wet and dry signal 50/50.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Freppo

The resolution pot kinda works as a clean blend already.
It controls how much signal passes through the sample and hold unaffected.

So maybe you don't need to add a clean blend?

cloudscapes

Quote from: Freppo on January 14, 2017, 11:48:36 AM
The resolution pot kinda works as a clean blend already.
It controls how much signal passes through the sample and hold unaffected.

So maybe you don't need to add a clean blend?

I disagree, if this is a bitcrusher, it can always benifit from bot ha resolution pot and a blend. Or else how would you get a subtle background heavily crushed sound? If you were stuck using the resolution knob also as a blend, and wanted it only to be lightly applied on your signal, you would only have the option of the highhest resolution setting. No low resolution crackly rumble in the background.

Freppo

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 15, 2017, 11:41:03 AM
I disagree, if this is a bitcrusher, it can always benifit from bot ha resolution pot and a blend. Or else how would you get a subtle background heavily crushed sound? If you were stuck using the resolution knob also as a blend, and wanted it only to be lightly applied on your signal, you would only have the option of the highhest resolution setting. No low resolution crackly rumble in the background.

Yes, you have a good point there. :)

Beedoola

So I have a JMK Panner board coming but what about a slight boost circuit to serve as a master volume? Any suggestions?

jkokura

A simple transistor or opamp buffer with a little bit of gain and a volume knob would probably do the trick.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals