News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

One of the Best Overdrives I have ever Done

Started by Jimihendrix1987, July 16, 2011, 01:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimihendrix1987

Based in the Tube Boob project made by Juan Solo and guided by Cleggy ! I Hope you Like it  ;D

It is a very nice sounding Boost / overdrive which everyone would fall in love with (I think it's far better than Tubescreamers and derivates)

A pair of gut shots ;)

As you can see I'm using some mojo components (Carbon Comp Resistors, TAD caps (Mullard Mustard Repro), NOS Sylvania 12bh7A, switchcraft Jacks, Alpha Pots, NOS PIO Russian 1uF CAP)

Its sound is amazing... Only thing I have to watch out is that Valve on the top... I think its a quite fragile pedal  :-\ Not for touring (at least, not this design)

I hope you like it ;)

Thanks Cleggy. Thanks JuanSolo !!

Ignacio

nzCdog

Dang thats cool!  8)
What volts you getting from the RR board?  You running it off the same 9v supply as other pedals, or is it too mA hungry? I like the Tube holder thing on the top, looks sweet.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stecykmi

nice! what's the floor noise like? i've heard some p2p stuff is noisier and some is quieter than PCB or vero equivalent.

juansolo

Awesome! That's officially the second boobtube out there (I need to get around to making another for Cleggy, I felt sorry for him so he's got mine at the moment).

I've made a lot of valve pedals on vero, my boobtube is also P2P and it's a lot quieter noise wise. It's also the best of the lot sonically too.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jimihendrix1987

Quote from: juansolo on July 20, 2011, 06:13:04 AM
Awesome! That's officially the second boobtube out there (I need to get around to making another for Cleggy, I felt sorry for him so he's got mine at the moment).

I've made a lot of valve pedals on vero, my boobtube is also P2P and it's a lot quieter noise wise. It's also the best of the lot sonically too.

Yes ! This lil' beast is totally quiet, well grounded and P2P !!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's so awesome! I spent an hours this morning looking this project and the valvecaster after seeing your build. What are you doing for the power supply? I see the roadrage so are you putting 12V in and getting 23V out?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

juansolo

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 22, 2011, 10:49:48 AM
That's so awesome! I spent an hours this morning looking this project and the valvecaster after seeing your build. What are you doing for the power supply? I see the roadrage so are you putting 12V in and getting 23V out?

Yup. 12v to the heaters, 23v to the plates (15v to the buffer via a reg on the RR board). Versitile little board that.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

So what sort of current is it drawing?  I'm toying with these tube pedals, just wondering what the chances of running them off my normal 9V pedal psu are, say with another charge pump to raise it to 12V first.

marauder

Quote from: nzCdog on July 22, 2011, 08:32:38 PM
So what sort of current is it drawing?  I'm toying with these tube pedals, just wondering what the chances of running them off my normal 9V pedal psu are, say with another charge pump to raise it to 12V first.

Probably around 200mA,  heaters are 150mA, so another 50 for the plates, charge pump, buffer (if used), seems reasonable.

nzCdog

vinnie

Awesome point to point construction Ignacio!!