News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzzler and Psycho Kriller

Started by mcasemo, April 16, 2016, 04:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

I've been making PCB's (seeed, itead) for a few different ideas, one was adding a LFO to a mutron iii.  I did one with the naughty fish, and made my own lfo daughter board.  Then i made a psycho lfo (pseudo random lfo) with it and it sounded pretty cool.  I posted some of it, but lost in the crash.  Psycho Kriller, krill is a filter.  Corny.  Also lost was that pedal as i tore it apart trying to get it to work properly.  So I made some PCB's with it integrated, with envelope, lfo, and psycho lfo mode on a rotary switch.  Glide and Depth of the LFO are on the side, and Rate is on a big knob for foot control.  Have to put in the led's in the krill's eyes.  On the first one was pretty cool having one light up and the other doing the psycho bleep thing.  Still have a glitch with the normal range of the mutron iii and still want to tweak the gains and speeds of each lfo stage for the random mode.

Next is a 4 fuzz pedal that run all in parallel into a mixer, Fuzzler.  All you can eat fuzz, sizzler rip off graphic. The Fuzzes (all silicon) are Jordan Bosstone, the Os' Mutantes (deadpool), WEM Pep Box Rush, and a Fuzzrite.  It is switchable to have the Bosston feed the Os'Mutantes and to have the Fuzzrite feed the Pep box.    PEP box was weird, the trim pot in the schematic would smoke if you turn it all the way one way, could not figure that out, they always still worked, friend called that "the sizzle".  Surprised it all worked otherwise.  The Bosstone and Fuzzrite are lower volume, think i need to muck with the mixer gains for them to even it out.  Going to hand this off to some friends to see if it's any useful.  Probably should put some more radically different sounding fuzzes in here.  The PEP can be kinda gatey, so that's sorta neat to have it gate out and have other fuzzes still sustain.

I PCB mounted everything I could and I now know why you don't want to do that.  Lining up everything causes you to stress the board.  So I have to figure out what i want to set the position, and open up the holes on most of the rest.  After dropping the fuzzler in the box with graphics, it stopped working, got to go heat up some joints and see what happened.

Orbis_Ignis

Those are some interesting looking pedals. Great job man

matmosphere

Those are sweet looking man. Psycho Kriller.. Brilliant!!

midwayfair

The psycho kriller joke is just as good the second time around :)

mcasemo

Thanks!  John, glad you remembered it.  Forgot I had a video.  first part is what I wanted to mimic, the filter skirting on the edge of off/on for a bit in envelope mode.  Second part is me messing with the random LFO.  This was the first build.