News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Monument Fuzz

Started by chuckbuick, April 17, 2016, 06:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

This is a Mountainking Megalith clone.  I had never heard of it until I saw the project in Etcher's Paradise (Sounds Like...Doom).  I checked out a few vids, next thing I knew I had a PCB.  Thanks for posting this project MB. 

I've had a couple wedge enclosures for a while waiting for something cool to put in them.  The top of the enclosure was powder-coated red like the side/bottom.  After drilling I covered it with chrome decal stock.  Then I put on the clear decal with graphics printed on it.  I originally planned to print the graphics on the chrome stock but it is pretty thick and my printer wasn't having it.  The adhesive from the clear decal on the chrome gives it kind of an oxidized aluminum look

bcalla

Beautiful!  I can't imagine getting my wiring that neat.

Orbis_Ignis

That looks great! Is SMD stuff hard to solder? I've never worked with it

brejna

m-Kresol

that's an amazing build! as clean as it gets
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

stringsthings

Super clean build !

Just listened to a demo.  Might have to put this on the future build list.
All You Need Is Love

wgc

So glad you kept at least one light saber on the dark side (smd) of the force. Thought I felt a big ripple somewhere.

All that stuff you've done with Rej is lovely but it's just not the same.

Fantastic as usual dude!!🤘🏼🤘🏼
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

Thanks, bros.
Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on April 17, 2016, 05:06:19 PM
Is SMD stuff hard to solder? I've never worked with it
No.  It's just different.  I think the biggest thing is to get a few tools you might not have in the regular through-hole toolbox.  Pointy, metal tweezers, thin solder (I use .015" diameter solder), and some sort of magnification.  I use an Opti-Visor.
Quote from: stringsthings on April 17, 2016, 06:45:58 PM
Just listened to a demo.  Might have to put this on the future build list.
I'm diggin' it.  I was playing some Dead Meadow last night and it does a nice job of getting the Sleepy Silver Door sound.
Quote from: wgc on April 18, 2016, 10:39:20 PM
So glad you kept at least one light saber on the dark side (smd) of the force. Thought I felt a big ripple somewhere.

All that stuff you've done with Rej is lovely but it's just not the same.
Haha.  Thanks, Billy.  I'm not switching sides.  But you know the old saying, Sith gotta eat, too!

jimilee

*Drops soldering iron like a mic* I wonder if I can take up knitting. I feel like he just swept the floor with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

tcpoint