News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

My brother gave me "One Piece Pirate Warriors" as a gift on steam.

I quickly found out that it wasn't so much a gift, as it was getting it out of his steam collection. Amazingly poor console port.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Whoever came up with the PC control scheme for airplanes in GTA: San Andreas is going to get a punch in the nose if I ever meet him.

It might be "accurate", but it's bloody awful to use, with digital keyboard.

The plane controls in Saints Row are a lot, lot, LOT nicer to use.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

somnif

Quote from: alanp on August 06, 2017, 11:39:43 PM
Whoever came up with the PC control scheme for airplanes in GTA: San Andreas is going to get a punch in the nose if I ever meet him.

It might be "accurate", but it's bloody awful to use, with digital keyboard.

The plane controls in Saints Row are a lot, lot, LOT nicer to use.

Just wait til you encounter the RC airplanes. They make the plane missions look like the easiest thing in the world (thankfully they're optional missions, unlike that god damned flight school)

alanp

Never played any Bioshock games before, but Infinite is very, very neat. Wound up losing track of time entirely.

The lack of inventory system blows goats, though, as does the two-weapon, two-power mechanics.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Yay, COMMODORE!

And seeing a non-Wii nintendo console is still weird, for me. I think that I saw more of those Acorn ARM computers growing up, than I ever did Nintendos. Apart from Game Boys, those things were everywhere (along with Chinese "Block Game" handhelds.) Sorry if I harp on, but this is why it always feels so unbelievably weird for me for an ultra-rare (to me) console to be deified by so many people.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

m-Kresol

I'm playing lots of Destiny on PS4 lately. Those games with the "I need to get to max level and get the best equipment possible" aspect à la Diablo 2 always get me hooked up.

Quote from: alanp on August 26, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
Never played any Bioshock games before, but Infinite is very, very neat. Wound up losing track of time entirely.

The lack of inventory system blows goats, though, as does the two-weapon, two-power mechanics.

Loved all the Bioshock games. The atmosphere is just very different from other games. I also liked the weird story from Infinte
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Willybomb

Currently playing Mad Max, lots of stuff to do for a completionist, if a little repetitive in that aspect.  Can't believe they're pronouncing "Dinky Di" incorrectly though.  (For those who don't know, it's pronounced "Dinky DIE", goddammit).  Love the postapocalyptic setting, the accents aren't bad for the most part, needs Imperator Furiosa though.

selfdestroyer

I have been a PS4 guy since launch but I recently got a "broken" Xbox One launch model for $60. Just needed the OS reinstalled and all is well. I decided to open it up and and swap out the 500GB HDD that came with it for a Seagate Slim 2TB. That was easy enough so now I have been buying all the exclusives I missed over the last 3 years. So far I beat Gears of War 4 last night and working on Forza Horizon 3. Its taking me awhile to get used to the Xbox One controller but I have been managing. I still will buy all the non-exclusive games on my PS4 since thats where most of my friends are (Sorry Storyboardist) but I do like not missing out on some of the Xbox One exclusives.

Also have been playing Uncharted the Lost Legacy on the PS4. That game looks AMAZING and playing as Chloe is very fun. Just like all new Naughty Dog games, the voice acting is superb and the animation is next level. Really enjoying it so far.

Cody

flanagan0718

Been playing the Shadow of Mordor game. It's good, a bit repetitive but I'm only 1/2 way through it. It's pretty easy to get caught up in the "vengeance" of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on August 27, 2017, 12:51:35 AM
Yay, COMMODORE!

And seeing a non-Wii nintendo console is still weird, for me. I think that I saw more of those Acorn ARM computers growing up, than I ever did Nintendos. Apart from Game Boys, those things were everywhere (along with Chinese "Block Game" handhelds.) Sorry if I harp on, but this is why it always feels so unbelievably weird for me for an ultra-rare (to me) console to be deified by so many people.

What I find weird is the love for the NES in the US as it just passed us by here. I never saw one back in the day. Indeed it was rare to see a Master System, but there were people with those. While the whole video game crash went on in the states we were oblivious to the whole thing as we'd already switched over to computers. The Spectrum and C64 were massive here (the 8-bit Atari's less so as they were hugely expensive). Then the Atari ST came along and a short time later then Amiga, and that was it. It was only after that that really we picked up consoles again with the SNES and the Megadrive (Genesis). As for the NES, we just didn't get it. The games for it were so massively expensive here that no-one had one.

For me this whole retro-trip has been a bit nostalgia, and a lot because I'm enjoying restoring/repairing this old kit and making it live another 30 years (hopefully). Though I think I'm nearly done now. I've got a bit more shuffling around to do, and I might have to grab a 7800 at some point. But otherwise, I'm out of space!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Fed up with it now. I'm near the end, and tired of homicidal retards, in endless, endless waves, and NPC helpers who bugger off for a smoke every two seconds.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on August 29, 2017, 01:10:28 AM

Fed up with it now. I'm near the end, and tired of homicidal retards, in endless, endless waves, and NPC helpers who bugger off for a smoke every two seconds.

Sounds like Christmas time when I was working at the music store...HAHA!

I loved Bio-shock and Bio-shock 2. Infinite wasn't as good IMO. it felt pretty repetitive and they changes the controls too.

alanp

Saw a Jim Sterling video where he mentioned how a "Wallu ee gee" (I can only guess "Evil Twin Luigi") doesn't get the respect the character apparently deserves.

The character in the videogame footage Sterling shows looks, for all the world, like a Weeaboo Dick Dastardly.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

chromesphere

Ive been on a bit of a game buying frenzy this year, ive started to accumulate an impressive hoard, "divorce scale quantities" you could say.  Growing at viral speed...

I'm finding the cheapest platforms to collect for are the Wii, Wii U and the PS2 and PS3.  Majority of these games I've picked up for $3-5 each, some more some less.  You just have to search actively and you can find most games under $10. Also the consoles themselves are pretty inexpensive, I bought a wii with 2 controllers and all cables for $15 and a PlayStation 2, no cables or controllers for $2 on the weekend at a market.  Seriously...2 bucks...I couldn't not buy it...

Now all I need is 30 years of free time to play them all :D
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube