Author Topic: TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation  (Read 25539 times)

lars-musik

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2019, 03:55:48 AM »
Hi,

I finally came 'round to populate my PCB for this project, hooked it up to a working Deep-Blue-Clone and ran into some troubles. As soon as I connect the calibration wire 1 to the output (or to the input for that matter) the delay falls quiet.
Here's my copied schematic -  do you spot any mistake? Or some help in term of troubleshooting? If I cannot use my audioprobe I am lost. R400 is 10k.

Thanks!!

EDIT:

I went through the instructions again. I don't really get what this SPDT does there. I didn't populate the R18 and soldered the CTRL cable from the TAPRECISE directly to pin6 of the pt2399. Good?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:20:13 AM by lars-musik »

lars-musik

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2019, 06:32:08 AM »
GOT IT!!!!!! AAARGH! I forget the ground connection at the mod switch. AND I didn't wire the switch anyways because stupid me thought (because I overlooked the ground connection) the switch wouldn't be necessary for the calibration routine....
It is calibrating atm. I'll get back later!

It works. That is soo cool!

Thanks a heap for your work and sharing, Marshall Arts!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:06:44 AM by lars-musik »

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »
GOT IT!!!!!! AAARGH! I forget the ground connection at the mod switch. AND I didn't wire the switch anyways because stupid me thought (because I overlooked the ground connection) the switch wouldn't be necessary for the calibration routine....
It is calibrating atm. I'll get back later!

It works. That is soo cool!

Thanks a heap for your work and sharing, Marshall Arts!
I am happy. Been on a Xmas market and was wondering bout the issue. Support is getting harder years after the development...

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2019, 05:10:25 AM »
Have you finalized your build? If so, can you paste some pictures?

Ben N

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2020, 05:02:46 AM »
Any chance of a board being available for this amazing project? I know it's been a while, but I am just getting into my Deep Blue clone (Aion), and this would be a sweet addition.

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:59 AM »
Any chance of a board being available for this amazing project? I know it's been a while, but I am just getting into my Deep Blue clone (Aion), and this would be a sweet addition.

Yes, they are (this time in white - whooo!) : https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25099.msg294767#msg294767

Ben N

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »
Mattias, do you think the Taprecise could be made to control a Mitsubishi M65831AP (the chip in the Ibanez EM5 EchoMachine)?
Ben