News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brian - question about Loophole BOM

Started by gmr1, July 19, 2011, 06:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmr1

you have C1-9 as .1uf caps, but the graphic shows several different package sizes, and your pic in the build document seems to have 1uf stacked metal caps in 3 of these positions.

Is the BOM correct?

madbean

Yes, the BOM is correct. For caps in the signal path I used poly or metal film. For supply filtering, such as C6 and C7, I use cheap multi-layer ceramics. These are the two different package drawings. It's not spelled out in the doc as it is not essential necessarily.

There are a couple of 1uF's where I used the MLC caps, but that was mostly due to package size (you see the one right by the DC jack at the top).

gmr1

Quote from: madbean on July 19, 2011, 06:55:12 AM
Yes, the BOM is correct. For caps in the signal path I used poly or metal film. For supply filtering, such as C6 and C7, I use cheap multi-layer ceramics. These are the two different package drawings. It's not spelled out in the doc as it is not essential necessarily.

There are a couple of 1uF's where I used the MLC caps, but that was mostly due to package size (you see the one right by the DC jack at the top).

Thanks. I had made that assumption on the ceramics, but wasn't sure about the others. When I see that many of the same part in a row on a BOM, I always want to make sure.

So the C3,4,5 you have in your pic (last page of build doc.) - those are .1uf? they really look like the 1uf film caps I use.

Thanks again for the info. Looking forward to finishing this one up.

-greg

madbean

Ack, yes I should have looked more carefully. I did use 1uF for C3-C5. Either one will be sufficient in those cases, 100n or 1uF. I think I decided after the fact that 1uF was overkill and forgot to change the package drawings on the layout. I'll change them to resemble the 100n size. Good call.