News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover 2015 - Distortion

Started by daleykd, May 10, 2016, 04:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daleykd

I'm in the process of finishing up my CL2015, and it sounds pretty stinkin' good (at least in the biasing part).  However, I can't get rid of the distortion (sounds more like overdrive).

I'm using 9V and a MN3007.  The flange turns on at the last... 1/8th? of the BIAS trimpot.  It sounds best when BIAS is fully clockwise.  However, that's still not enough to get rid of the distortion.  CLOCK doesn't seem to affect it.

I've tried both my Tele and my Schecter C1 (with passive 'buckers).  It's better on the Tele, but still not perfect.

I read to try 15V, so I'll put that on my list.  I also think I saw something about a 22pF cap?

Any tips for me to get this distortion gone so it can be a usable effect?

TIA,
Kyle

Scruffie

If the bias trimmer is the issue just jumper the 82k resistor coming off it.

If that doesn't help then yeah try running it from 12V or 15V.

If that still doesn't work, change the 5k6 resistor in the inverting opamp before the BBD to 4k7 and the cap in parallel to it to 1n2, that will be at the expense of more noise though.
Works at Lectric-FX

daleykd

That seemed to greatly help.  Definitely gave a much bigger range of usability in the BIAS pot.

Is it normal for a flanger to have such a 'trebly' feel to it?  Not chirping or ear piercing.

Scruffie

That's the 9V mistress for you, it is bright.

You can increase the input cap if you want but distortion may once again enter the picture as BBDs aren't great at handling bass.
Works at Lectric-FX