News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sawse issues

Started by v00d00blues79, May 17, 2016, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00d00blues79

Hi all,

I recently finished up a Sawse build and I'm having some weirdness happen.  I get bypass signal, but nothing when the effect is engaged.  I've gone through and done some preliminary debugging, but this one's got me stumped.

Here are some voltages:

IC1 (note: I subbed in an LM358 as I don't have a TL022 at the moment)
Pin 1: 4.627v
Pin 2: 4.634v
Pin 3: 4.628v
Pin 4: 0v
Pin 5: 4.616v
Pin 6: 4.630v
Pin 7: 4.623v
Pin 8: 9.28v

Vact 1:

LED +: 1.538v
LED - : 0
All three LDR pins read: 4.6v

The Range pot read (Fully CCW):

Pin 1: 1.423v
Pin 2: 1.423v
Pin 3: 9.28v

My power supply is a 1-Spot that is putting out 9.5v. 

Would anyone that's built this board please sanity check my numbers for me?  Also, would the substitution of the LM358 for the TL022 cause a problem?  I researched compatibility and found references where people have used the LM358 in place of the TL022 for LFO's and the like with no problem, so I thought I'd at least get noise.

As much as the Vactrol for this build cost I'd hate for it not to work.  ;)

Thanks!

Andy

AntKnee

Please post a picture. In my experience, bypass issues are often wiring related.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

v00d00blues79

Thanks.  I thought about the switch wiring being the culprit, and it wouldn't be the first time I've made a mistake there.

I'll take a look at the switch when I get home and see if there's something funky going on.  I did recently change the wire I was using.  I went from teflon coated to the wire from small bear.  I'm hoping I didn't get it too hot and expose wire to ground.

Thanks,

Andy

jesseyasaitis

Hey there. I'm having the same problem as you are. Although I'm a little low on my pins 3 and 5 with my voltage. I'm going to try flipping the vactrol over since there is and LED in it. Maybe that is causing my issue.