News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Stomptown's Harmonic Perc pcb" or How I Busted the Slump

Started by davent, May 18, 2016, 06:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

I'd done this enclosure last spring, chopped according to Cozybuilder's tutorial at diystomp... then painted  & legended for a circuit i lost interest in. Sat 'til this spring when i put out a plea for ideas for a circuit to put in a finished boxed and Stomptown offered me one of his Harmonic Percolator pcb's and the four other important bits. Jumped at that and very glad i did, finished and tested yesterday and it sounds great through my 18watt, dead on for my sonic territory. Much thanks to Jon!

Etching primer, BIN primer/Sealer (white) to level any scratches.

Red paint around the top, tape off the stripe then red paint over the stripe to seal the tape edges and prevent the other colours bleeding under.

Paint white, mask botttom half paint the top Cody green.

Mask the top paint purple. Then slapped on a coat of Micaceous Iron Oxide (mica flakes in black paint), wrapped with crinkled up Saran Wrap then let dry. Peeled off and did a second application in a few weak areas.

About a picture i posted yesterday.
Quote from: 29palms on May 18, 2016, 02:49:13 AM
Looks great! Did you do the lettering by hand? and how on earth did you stick the cut piece back on the enclosure??

Lettering was done with a piece of frisket film and very narrow tape i used as pcb etch resist back in the tape and dry transfer pad pcb days.

First attempt was with thick acrylic gel medium, total failure so sanded it off and taped it up for a second shot with the airbrush and tooth brush.

Didn't have the odd ball resister values for the Albini version but did have 1/8w, 1/4w parallel pairs to stack for them. Also the only 2.2uF electros i have are axial so paralleled two 1uF radial electros. I haven't tried either set of bounding diodes (will be set and forget) but i'm fully impressed with running bare.
First time use of one of Rej's Lumen boards.

Thanks to Stomptown for giving me the kick in the butt to finally finish a pedal, first in over a year! Sounds super, great board!

Thank you Jon!
dave

edit- spelling
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

Orbis_Ignis

selfdestroyer

Oh My! Outstanding job. Your "box finish" work still makes me go "How did he do that!". Another of your builds go in my inspiration folder.

Lets not forget about that slant enclosure, It came out perfect.

Cody

m-Kresol

wow, every single one of your builds is a piece of art. very cool stuff. enjoy it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Martan

Matt

Yeah I'd say your out of the slump! Love the slanted enclosure
Matt

midwayfair

Beautiful work as always, Dave.

And the perc really is a magical fuzz.

bcalla

Bret608

That is unreal! This is one of my favorite fuzzes as well. I built the "stock" specs version on one of Jon's boards to compare with the Albini I did on the old Pepper Spray PCB. Which one did you end up going with? They're both worthwhile in my book.

raulduke

Hot damn.

That is one nice build dude!

That enclosure is beautiful.

rullywowr

Truly, a work of art.  The enclosure is so great. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

davent

Thank you all for the feedback, always always appreciated!

Quote from: Bret608 on May 19, 2016, 07:03:51 AM
That is unreal! This is one of my favorite fuzzes as well. I built the "stock" specs version on one of Jon's boards to compare with the Albini I did on the old Pepper Spray PCB. Which one did you end up going with? They're both worthwhile in my book.

Hi Bret, This one is built to the Albini version, had watched the his demo a long time ago but now you've got me curious.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stomptown

Glad I could help out Dave! This just looks amazing; total eye candy with the color choices and the wedge is so cool. Do you have a link to the tutorial?