News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Lab

Started by Droogie, May 19, 2016, 03:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I finished the Lab Series L-5 preamp pedal from Aion. Fortunately it fired right up! There's a lot of tone shaping possible with this puppy. I had both a Lab Series L-5 and a Pearce preamp (same lineage) back in the day, so I was really excited to see this project—I'm not disappointed. I still haven't gone through the process of calibrating the distortion; the comp trim is set at minimum and sounds great. Labels are forthcoming!

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks great! I haven't started mine yet but I'm really looking forward to it.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

stringsthings

That looks fantastic.  I'd like to build one of these but I've got too much in the backlog for now.
All You Need Is Love

m-Kresol

Nicely done. the knobs alone are worth a fortune ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jtaormina

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 20, 2016, 07:52:48 AM

I was just thinking that. Those knobs do look great though.

Thomas_H

Nice build! and nice board from Aion.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Droogie

Quote from: jtaormina on May 20, 2016, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: m-Kresol on May 20, 2016, 07:52:48 AM

I was just thinking that. Those knobs do look great though.

Yeah, I went all out on the knobbage on this one! I think of it as sort of a 401k.

bcalla

Very nice!  Still waiting on parts before I can start mine, so I'm glad to hear you're happy with it.

Orbis_Ignis

Nice job! I just ordered my parts the other day. Can't wait

Droogie

You'll have fun building this one! Hopefully I'll get to calibrating the distortion tomorrow and  see how that sounds.

Frank_NH

I have a friend who has a vintage L5 series guitar amp.  I'd love to build this someday and compare it to his unit.

I suppose one could build a modern guitar amp using this as a preamp and sending its output to a good quality solid state power amp (perhaps a amp head arrangement).  That would be cool!