News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The zombie chorus - it's a trap!

Started by lars, May 19, 2016, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

100n caps hanging directly off the power pins for opamps can also help, somewhat.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

JackSkellington

It could be the trick, then. It's the only real difference between the Tagboard and Sabrotone layout. As I said Tagboard has a bigger electrolytic cap in the power filter (470uF), but maybe it's oversized without effectiveness; and Sabrotone has a bigger electrolytic cap in the filter Vref. I don't know, maybe even this effectiveness.

Quote from: thomasha on December 08, 2019, 04:00:40 AM
You can roud the square wave up to avoid the ticks, boss uses it too.
Take a look at fig. 3 here>
http://www.moosapotamus.net/files/stompboxology-mo-tremlo.pdf

I'm asking if I use this trick on my Phase 90 clone. I built it twice (from tagboard), just when I tried the second one I found that both has a bit of ticking if I use it at higher volume, especially with high gain after it. Not so annoying or audible in most of situation, it's subtle, but I could help it a bit.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

massatony

It's a trap alright. After 3 attempts from 3 different schematics... I give up!

lars

Quote from: massatony on September 27, 2021, 01:23:09 AM
It's a trap alright. After 3 attempts from 3 different schematics... I give up!
Sorry you had to go through that. On the bright side, the Small Clone chorus is outstanding and works right out of the box. There are plenty of pcbs available for it, or the Touchstone project in the DIY section of this site.
Personally I wouldn't bother with the depth control mod that is so popular with them though. The two-position switch of the original provides the two best sounds. The Depth mod seems to only give you a bunch of anemic options that don't sound as good as the original two (sometimes less is more).
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Zerro

You can try those tricks:

- block power rails with those R-C segments, like is shown in attached picture, or / and add that feedback capacitor paralelly with resistor R31 82k.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"