News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver Issues

Started by klaky, July 26, 2011, 05:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaky

Hello guys!

I recently just put together the madbean Ego Driver project, however I can't figure out where I went wrong. I double checked all my solder joints, wiring and wiring diagrams that come with it, parts etc. When I turn on the pedal, the LED comes on fine, indicating power, but all I get is buzz going to my amp. One thing I have noticed is that the footswitch wiring diagram in the pdf for the ego driver is different then the "general wiring diagrams" sticky in this forum. I don't know if that would be an issue.

I have attached some pictures that will hopefully help.

Thanks Guys!

oldhousescott

Does it pass signal in bypass?

jimmybjj

Did you test in or out of the enclosure? If out, did you ground the output jack.
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

Ground the output jack, problem solved.

k.rock!

Quote from: madbean on July 26, 2011, 06:17:21 PM
Ground the output jack, problem solved.

If you're testing it without an enclosure, grounding the output will solve your problem. However, you can just mount it into your enclosure and let the jack ground with the metal of the enclosure and then you can avoid having to solder another wire. Either way, if you decide to ground the output after mounting into the enclosure that wouldn't hurt, and it might even help a little with any other ground noise.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

klaky

Problem solved indeed! Thanks guys!

bigmufffuzzwizz

It seems like everyone must go through this at some point or another.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals