News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

stagefright (The old one)

Started by jimilee, February 15, 2016, 08:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

My stagefright passes sound but doesn't phase, even when I turn the trimmer. I've reflowed about a million times. One thing I notice is, all of my voltages are consistent with others, except that pin 10and 12 on each lm13600, i get almost no voltage on each pin. I've checked al of the component values, and everything is correct. I'm ready to send it someone whom can troubleshoot further. Can you help a guy out and point m in the direction I need to go to fix the voltages?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Where did you get your LM13700s, and did you use a set that you have VERIFIED work in another build?

My first one failed thanks to a batch of about 10 bad ones from rhymes-with-Veda.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on February 15, 2016, 10:28:44 AM
Where did you get your LM13700s, and did you use a set that you have VERIFIED work in another build?

My first one failed thanks to a batch of about 10 bad ones from rhymes-with-Veda.
Thanks Jon, I took them out of another working phaser.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

might be able to chase it down with an audio probe
Matt

jimilee

Quote from: Matt on February 15, 2016, 12:16:06 PM
might be able to chase it down with an audio probe
I'm afraid you're right. I was chasing it down before the big crash, and the thread is now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

I've officially replaced almost everything except caps and resistors. I would live to send this to someone to debug. I can trade stuff.

MAO

Did you ever solve this one Jimilee?

I have a working 2013 version handy if you want to give it a go again.I had to troubleshoot it a couple times so I know my way around it fairly well.

Shot in the dark, but I reboxed mine a few months back and it stopped working. Thought I tested everything, then discovered the connection at the rate pot itself was the issue. Ever since, I no longer make an adapter board for the reverse audio pots, I just wire directly to the lug-pins.

Mike

jimilee

Never did, so I bought another one and it fired right up. I compared it to the non working one and everything is as it should be, I believe it to be a bad board. I keep thinking about testing the continuity next, but I'm just not ready to right now.