News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maxon OD-808

Started by edy_wheazel, June 08, 2016, 12:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edy_wheazel

I also included pics of the ething method i used. Kind of time consuming but deeper then the toner tranfer method.

And a small video with the pedal. Again, i'm not a guitar player, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcLVVnig34

gordo

I think the photography is easily as cool as the build. Just spectacular.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

Thanks for sharing your pics/method of enclosure etching.  One of these days, I will try this.
Also, very nice work on the pedal and enclosure.
All You Need Is Love

Orbis_Ignis

That's awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try your etch method out

hylandren

Man, in addition to the overall greatness of the build, I am really digging the DEPTH of your etches!  8)
To get that depth, you must be etching that thing for an hour and a half!
Interesting idea with the putty dike. I might give that a try. (Its tough getting Ferric Chloride spills out of a white bath tub!) :(
What kind of putty is that?

edy_wheazel

Quote from: hylandren on June 08, 2016, 09:32:39 PM
Its tough getting Ferric Chloride spills out of a white bath tub! :(

Yeap. Problem is that even after you wash it down, you can see the stains only after the bath tub is dry.

QuoteWhat kind of putty is that?

I don't know. It's important that it's not soluble, so the Fe2Cl3 won't wash it off.

hylandren

Quote from: edy_wheazel on June 09, 2016, 06:04:41 AM
It's important that it's not soluble, so the Fe2Cl3 won't wash it off.

Yes, that's why I asked. Use the wrong stuff and you suddenly have etchant all over the place!
8^O
Maybe someone with knowledge of the chemistry involved will chime in.

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

selfdestroyer

That's a great deep etch. I also like how you signed your PCB.. I never thought of that. its a really nice touch.

I experimented with that process a little early this year and I used blue painters tape to make a lip/bowel around the enclosure. It actually held the etchant in just fine for the duration of the etch. I also found that thick graphics and large fonts work best for this process so the detail is not burned out.

You can always test out the enclosure and painters tape with water to make sure it will hold. You can also place the whole enclosure in a plastic container to catch any accidental spills. Just thoughts.

Cody

nzCdog