News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer lights up, no sound

Started by heminator, May 31, 2016, 07:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: Stomptown on May 31, 2016, 09:40:04 PM
I've only used those neutrik sytle 1/4" jacks a couple of times but I recall having to run jumpers from lugs on one side of the jack to the lugs straight across on the other side of the jack (at least on one particular occasion).  I cannot remember why at the moment but I'm guessing someone else can elaborate on what circumstances make this necessary. I do suspect it may be your problem.

Jon

Oh my god! How could we've missed that! You've used switched jacks. So one of the rows on the jacks are the switch lugs (which will connect to the other row when nothing is inserted). However, you've used the top row on both jacks, which is when oriented the same way not the same contacts! So one jack is good, one is connected to the switch pads instead.
Figure out which ones are the regular pads (the ones that are directly connected tap that moves upon inserting a plug) and solder to those (tip and sleeve on each jack). Or just run a wire from the pads directly across to link switch and regular pads.

voltages with the battery are indeed totally off. maybe it draws to much power. You should have -8.76V on the negative power pad of the TL074 (pin 11 if I remember correctly) with the power supply though. maybe measure those once more. The charge pump looks good though.

Fixing the switch wiring should give you bypass at least!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

heminator

Ok, thanks so much for all the help. I ran jumpers across the jacks and now I do get sound. Progress! However, when the pedal is engaged I still seem to be getting the bypass sound. Turning the pots, flipping the switches seems to have no effect. I should also add that there's a slight hum. I'm off to work now, I'll try remeasuring the ICs later. Thanks again.