Main Menu

Sagan Delay

Started by Timko, June 04, 2016, 05:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

Quote from: jtaormina on June 04, 2016, 09:59:50 PM
Quote from: Timko on June 04, 2016, 07:38:11 PM
Quote from: jtaormina on June 04, 2016, 12:54:36 PM
Stellar. I've been wanting finally build mine. I've got the lfo adder but not a reverb board.  I need to get motivated to finish my other 4 builds first. Ugh. So much to build.

The new Madbean Ping reverb was great for this. It's got a tiny footprint and helped reduce the circuit Tetris to get everything in the enclosure.

I was thinking about picking up one of these to pair it with...
http://pcb.delyk.com/modulation/41-beetle-verb-pcb.html?search_query=Reverb&results=1

That looks like the same size as my board, so it should fit in without any issues if you use a DD size enclosure.

monkeyssj1

BrianS

That's one fantastic looking pedal. Great job.

diablochris6

I've been on vacation, so I just saw this. This looks awesome! It has a kind of 909 vibe to it that I dig. Glad you enjoy the circuit.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Timko

Quote from: diablochris6 on June 06, 2016, 12:41:43 PM
I've been on vacation, so I just saw this. This looks awesome! It has a kind of 909 vibe to it that I dig. Glad you enjoy the circuit.

I totally forgot about the 909!  The white definitely draws some instant comparisons.  The colors of the knobs are based on the sequencer button colors off of the 808.

Timko

If I were re-making this thing, I would probably omit the oscillate footswitch, and put the something else like the dry kill or the modulation on it.  The oscillation is just a bit too strong in terms of volume and noise for me.  This is just an FYI for anyone looking to build this in the future.

Martan

Quote from: Timko on June 06, 2016, 01:49:35 PM
If I were re-making this thing, I would probably omit the oscillate footswitch, and put the something else like the dry kill or the modulation on it.  The oscillation is just a bit too strong in terms of volume and noise for me.  This is just an FYI for anyone looking to build this in the future.

Do you mean the feedback switch for self-oscillating? I liked it a lot with the mix knob turned down.

Timko

Quote from: Martan on June 06, 2016, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: Timko on June 06, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

Do you mean the feedback switch for self-oscillating? I liked it a lot with the mix knob turned down.

Yeah, maybe I'll turn down the mix knob a lot and see if that helps. 

Martan

Also, you should be able to effect the pitch by playing with the bass and treble knobs

Timko

Huh.  I found the EQ more tone control that pitch shifting.  The modulation board shifts the pitch into some otherworldly locations, but the EQ didn't seem to have that effect for me.

Boba7

There are ways to limit the feedback volume! (I should have a look at the schematic though first)

Boba7

And I LOVE it! Great great job!!

Timko

Quote from: Boba7 on June 06, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
There are ways to limit the feedback volume! (I should have a look at the schematic though first)

I'm looking through the schematic and reading some old MB posts and noticed that the series of diodes below the slam on the schematic should be doing something like that.  Looks like it's time to do some more reading.

Lubdar

Great looking build, I'm slacking, i've been sitting on mine for a while now.
(--c^.^)--c

Boba7

Edit: Haha just saw I already posted, didnt remember. :D

Just came accross this build, it looks amazing (and very different from Martan's Saga  delay, which is also stunning), so so so inspiring!!

I've been thinking of a multitap delay lately, cant really decide between this and Dead astronaut Abductor delay.

But anyways, what an amazing build!!