News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Omar (Silicon Baby Boobtube): The English Channel

Started by Stomptown, June 04, 2016, 08:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

A special thanks to Juan for gifting me this awesome OD/boost PCB along with a bunch of his optical bypass PCBs. Little did he know, I love boost circuits nearly as much as delays and was seriously intrigued when I saw his Big Omar build earlier this year.  He actually gave me two of these and the other I plan to build up for my dad later as part of a multi that he can use for small gigs and practice in lieu of his larger pedal board.  This is definitely a great sounding pedal guys! For the artwork and theme I decided to do a shout out to our brothers across the pond and call it the "English Channel." 

A couple of firsts for me as well:

First Envirotex per Juan and Cleggy's spot on tutorial (thanks again); first countersunk LED (thanks to me over drilling the bazel hole); and first 1590G build (I see more in my near future). It took a bit of planning but It fit pretty easily.  I was surprisingly able to keep the nut and lock washer on the dpdt alpha shaft by snipping off the excess PCB pins that stuck out above the opto board.  There is no way this thing will short out which is shocking considering how shallow these enclosures are.  Thanks for checking it out...

matmosphere

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Martan

Wow! At first I thought "there's no way that's an etch"! I'm glad it is. Great work!

LJangel

bcalla

m-Kresol

fantastic build and great job on the envirotex, it's flawless.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Martan

On second thought, how could you not use "girth" for the knob label as the pcb intended? ;D

-only noticed because I've come back to look at this awesome build several times

Marty

Stomptown

Thanks guys.  It's amazing how much better the etch looks with the envirotex.  I've already Added it to four older builds and plan to do more. 

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Stomptown on June 06, 2016, 05:53:01 PM
Thanks guys.  It's amazing how much better the etch looks with the envirotex.  I've already Added it to four older builds and plan to do more.

That is awesome. Came out great. I would love to try that sometime.. seems like a great protectant (spelling?) also.

Cody