News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

UK / EU folks: Thoughts on the upcoming "Br-Exit" referendum?

Started by culturejam, June 03, 2016, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Thunderf00t is also against Brexit.

As far as Hawking goes -- I have massive, unending respect for the man. His tenacity is unparalleled, and to be admired. He is a genius in physics. (I say this as a Christian.)

I would be highly surprised if he was studied in the art of statesmanship. I like to be surprised, though :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

sturgeo

Quote from: Muadzin on June 17, 2016, 06:49:38 PM
Everybody keeps on acting as if Brussel actually sets any policy independently, it doesn't. That's just a myth perpetrated by both EU skeptics and governments who don't want to admit that they actually agreed to this policy or showed poor negotiating skills. Brussels is a convenient scapegoat to both of them. The EU bureaucracy just does what the EU governments wants them to do. If Brussels could actually do anything independently of the EU governments don't you think both the Greek debt and migrant crisis wouldn't have gotten as out of control as they did? In either case nothing could be done because the EU members couldn't agree on a common course of action. With the Brussels bureaucrats and commissioners just looking on in the sidelines twiddling their thumbs in impotence.

I really do blame the internet. It really does make it easier for likeminded idiots to find each other and reinforce themselves in their idiocies. Any moron is just a few clicks away from finding things that reinforces their delusions.

What this man said ;)

I watched a talk from a Professor yesterday, he has nothing to gain and knows the field.
https://www.facebook.com/UniversityofLiverpool/videos/1293361974024537/