News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to combine PC, music recording and pedal building on one desk ...??

Started by drolo, June 15, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drolo

I have been rather uninspired with guitar playing for a while and have been thinking about getting out my midi keyboard and other synth stuff but everytime I get discouraged by the pile of PCB's, breadboards various parts scattered on my desk. Good thing my computer keyboard has lighted keys or I would not find it most of the times.

I know ... I should tidy up and get organized. Funnily (and luckily) my 4 year old son regularly takes out his little bulldozer and decides it's time for me to clean up the mess  :D Somehow he really loves it ...

But as soon as the next round of pedal building comes it's all over again ...

I was just looking for ideas on how to integrate these various hobbies onto one desk. Having a PC keyboard, midi keyboard and pedal building area centered around the monitor.

So time show off your hybrid desks guys!!

pickdropper

I don't have a recording setup, but I do have a desk with an absurd amount of equipment on it.  I built a riser to lift the monitors and the equipment slides underneath the riser.  It was fairly awful to work at before then.

I'll have to get a picture.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

A little lacking on the recording side but i think i have everything else covered.  The studio monitors are mackie cr4 "creative reference" not serious studio equipment but yeah...space is kind of tight.  I also have some shelving to the right of that photo with my pedals etc, and the amps guitars on the wall oposite the desk but the desk where the action happens.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

drolo

That's a nice setup. A degree of neatness I may probably never achieve (or not for long ...)