News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wooden effect enclosures

Started by Ang3lus, June 20, 2016, 08:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang3lus

I recently came across a guy who does amazing woodwork for anything guitar, he also does pedal enclosures made out of wood.

I suggested he needs to sell those as the pedal market don't really have such options, I will post some examples here:

what do you guys think is a reasonable price ?

is 45$ shipped worldwide an ok price ?

will any of you be interested in such an option ?

matmosphere

Those do look very nice, but I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on just an unfinished enclosure.

galaxiex

They look great but I'd be concerned an over-enthusiastic stomp would bust the box.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

jimilee

Daaammnn good price if I were doing custom pedals for other people. That's truly incredible looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

That sounds like a fair price, and I wouldn't be afraid to stomp on one assuming the joinery is good. The LP burst is to die for.

pickdropper

Those are pretty cool.

I might be mistaken, but it looks like he put the flame sections of the wood on the side.  I would put the flamiest section of the wood on the top of the box as that is what people are going to look down on while it's on their board.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Marshall Arts

Are those shielded from the inside?

markeprice

That was my only concern, shielding, however you could use that paint that they use for guitar cavites!
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

DPTX

$45 would double or triple the cost of making a pedal for me.