News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Right-angle pot recommendation?

Started by Dave_B, June 24, 2016, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_B

Smallbear has two types of right-angle pots.  Will the version with short pins clear the components on a board like the Chunk Chunk?  The long pin version (1011A) looks really long.

Aristatertotle

The pots will go on the opposite side of the board from the rest of the components, so the short pins work pretty perfectly.

Dave_B

It never occurred to me to mount them on the back of the board, and the reversed tone controls (bass being on the right rather than the left) threw me off.  Your response and a google image search saved me some frustration.  Thanks!

alanp

Don't forget to make sure the backs of the pots are insulated!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Tuxedo3

Quote from: alanp on June 25, 2016, 07:58:06 PM
Don't forget to make sure the backs of the pots are insulated!

If they aren't, you can always put a piece of electrical tape on the back, that's what I do.

Willybomb

Double sided foam tape works great too, keeps them a little firmer in place too when you're tightening the nuts.

dbp512

Another vote for double sided sticky foam. Its perfect beneath pots, and pretty adhesive. I use it to keep small strip/circuit boards attached to the floor (erm, inside roof? underside? the face where pots go) of smaller circuits.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

Dave_B

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.  I realized after purchasing the pots from Smallbear that I should have grabbed the plastic covers he sells.  I'll improvise.   :)