News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller

Started by bamslam69, June 24, 2016, 08:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamslam69

What sucks is it's one of those crappy $40 printers where it's actually cheaper to buy a new printer for the sample inks, rather than the actual cartridges. We all know the pain. I think I've sourced an online shop that does knockoff brands though.

On the plus side of it all, with my revived interest in playing guitar, my soon-to-be-10-yo daughter has moved a couple of my guitars up to her bedroom and is mucking around on them. I need to get a learners book and attempt teaching her something other than wild thing or smoke on the water.

jimilee

That's very cool sir. Teach her D C G and switch Chiefs back and forth, there are plenty of songs with those chords. Then expand from there. Hopefully my soon to be 9yo daughter will take an interest. Oldest son was a drummer Til he got a  girlfriend. Youngest so quit cause I wouldn't teach home everything all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bamslam69

I'd bought a cheap 1/2 size classical years ago when she was a toddler. It's pretty terrible to tune, but fun to have around for the odd bash. On her birthday list, in amongst scented stationery and lego sets, there was "3/4 guitar with red flames".  Great choice there. I told her she's welcome to have a go on any of the 7 guitars that are lying around downstairs, so it's hopefully going to go from there.
I'll let you know if it actually eventuates to the callous stage.

jimilee

Very cool. I have a 100 les Paul special that's smaller in size I figured I'd give to mine to try to learn on. We're a small breed, so a larger one probably wouldn't work yet, but I have 16 others just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bamslam69

Long time no post.
After many months of incorrect orders, learning how to solder SMD transistors, procrastination, trouble shooting bad wiring and pedal painting mishaps, the pedals are finally completed.
Needless to say, they sound fantastic.
I'll attempt to post a pic of them tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Willybomb

What's your email address?  I'll send you the songbook I wrote for when I was teaching guitar full time - it goes from beginner stuff 1 finger chords to moveable barre and power chords.

bamslam69

Thanks Willybomb!
PM sent.

bamslam69

The completed pedals.
The right one is for my mate - artwork by my 10yo daughter.

Excuse the lack of internals. Like a birds nest, in which one of the chicks messed the bed.