News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tinnitus Industries Voodoo Lady

Started by marmora, June 30, 2016, 01:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmora

Thanks to forum member the3secondrule for offering these PCBs! Jeremy has a lot of cool dirt circuits available (with pads for board mounted pots  8) yes!)
Thanks to flanagan0718 for the knobs, Mike always sends cool extras  :D

So, I've built a bunch of pedals in junction boxes. What could I do different? How could I improve?
One of the things that bugged me about the regular covers was the dirt/dust that would get into the pedal through the holes where the screws secure the cover to the box.
So I came across these covers that have a gasket and the holes are just big enough to let the body of the screw pass through. I'm still too stubborn to build with only Hammond style boxes so this helps  ;D

This circuit is a copy of the Roger Mayer Voodoo Bass. Was planning on this being a bass only pedal, but I really like how it sounds with guitar. When I first plugged in I thought it lacked volume, sounded gated and was I heard weird filtered frequencies in the background...I forgot a resistor. Can you guess which one? Of course, the only one that isn't metal film.
50kC pot for Gain works great. Used OP07 for the op-amp. Probably won't change it unless an LM308 lands in my lap.
Cheers friends!

jimilee

Oh hell yeah, that's killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Pictures aren't showing up for some reason :/

Fan of Live, are we? (_The Distance To Here_, track 6... "Voodoo Lady".)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

marmora

Quote from: alanp on June 30, 2016, 05:55:49 AM
Pictures aren't showing up for some reason :/

Fan of Live, are we? (_The Distance To Here_, track 6... "Voodoo Lady".)

Hmm, back up now!
I had Throwing Copper, but none of Live's other albums.
Jeremy (the3secondrule) named and had the PCB fabbed.

Matt

I like it. I've been meaning to try a junction box for an enclosure. My concern is also how to seal it.
Is their a website for pcbs or are they offered through the forum
Matt

marmora

Quote from: Matt on July 01, 2016, 01:24:04 AM
I like it. I've been meaning to try a junction box for an enclosure. My concern is also how to seal it.
Is their a website for pcbs or are they offered through the forum

Thanks!
Search the forum for a buy/sell/trade thread from the3secondrule for the PCBs

I agree with you about keeping the junction box tight. Some of the boxes/covers I use come from Garvin Industries. They are local to me. They make boxes without knockouts or other holes and they made the cover I used on this pedal. If you get on their mailing list they will let you know about sales - pretty sure they have a July 4th sale going now. In the past I've used epoxy to try to keep the box watertight. Please share what you come up with