News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: Pepper Spray

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, June 30, 2016, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I'm gathering components for an etched version of this PCB, and I have a question on the C2 size. The build doc. gives me a link for a 47n (Cornell Dublier) capacitor. However, the parts listing calls for a 50n cap. ? Will the PCB work with a 47n cap?
Also, I have electros for C3/C6 from Paul's, (DIYGUITARPEDAL.COM), supply. Can I use these? It recommends using Carbon Film Resistors in certain places, but recommends using Metal Film for R2/R4. Again, these I have from Paul's stock.

Thank you, as always!

midwayfair

Look at the dimensions of the suggested 47nF and compare it to the 50nF of the same voltage and package type by the same manufacturer. If you're curious, compare it to the dimensions of similar capacitors by other manufacturers. Mouser makes this easy.

Do this and you will answer your own question.

K3yPr0gg3r

Also, for the Carbon Films... 1/8W or 1/4W? The PCB is kinda cramped, and I given the option of 3.5mm length (1/8W), or 6.8mm length (1/4W). Both are 5% tolerance. I have 1/4W Metals (1% tolerance).

Thanks

K3yPr0gg3r

Mouser doesn't carry 50n Caps. Next step up is a 56n, but it's listed Non-Stocked so I guess I go with the 47n. Big component...16.5mm! guess I'll have to do some creative squeezing.
Thank you

midwayfair

Quote from: K3yPr0gg3r on June 30, 2016, 11:34:25 AM
Mouser doesn't carry 50n Caps. Next step up is a 56n, but it's listed Non-Stocked so I guess I go with the 47n. Big component...16.5mm! guess I'll have to do some creative squeezing.
Thank you

Is it the same voltage? Same package? Link to the two components. Make sure you're indeed comparing the same package of components, not just the same component value.

Manufacturers don't make things random sizes, to avoid

Quotesome creative squeezing.