News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A bunch of Yummy Aion builds.

Started by neandrewthal, July 12, 2016, 11:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neandrewthal

Ok, well the first one is from Tayda and my fiancée did the building while I was the project overseer.

First up is Überkinder. It made from two boards from Tayda and based on the Zvex Super Hard On. There are two of the circuits and a master volume knob so techincally it is closer to the Zvex Super Duper 2 in 1 but this one goes beyond even that because there are independent inputs and outputs for each. Output one is normalised into Input 2 so when you only use the 2 jacks at the bottom (input 1 and output 2) it functions as a normal 2 in 1.

Finally a photo of the inspiration behind the name and the paint job:

Next is Barbe à papa. It is built from an Aion Flare board which is an 8 knob clone of the Zvex fuzz factory.

And again the inspiration for the name and paint job:

Next is Eiskompressor. It is built on an Aion Aurora board to Ross Compressor specs. I don't think it or the next one require a picture for the name and paint job inspiration.

Finally, here is Napoleon. It is an Aion Lumin board which is a "workalike" of the BBE Sonic Stomp with an added mid knob.

Soup39

dbp512

for some strange reason, I really want some ice cream now. Great job on those enclosures. How do you like the lumin, I'm considering boxing it up with the Tiny Giant amp.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

rumbletone

stringsthings

That's a fantastic and creative use of an ice cream theme !
All You Need Is Love

neandrewthal

Thanks everyone! And now some Ice Cream to celebrate their being done. Couldn't pick a better day as its like 30 Celsius here today.

Quote from: dbp512 on July 12, 2016, 11:44:31 AM
for some strange reason, I really want some ice cream now. Great job on those enclosures. How do you like the lumin, I'm considering boxing it up with the Tiny Giant amp.

That one was the last to be finished just yesterday so I've hardly spent any time with it yet. It does seem to add some clarity and sparkle but I haven't figured out yet if that is just due to boosting the treble. Anyway, it's a fun equalizer but I don't have anything very intelligent to say about it yet.

selfdestroyer

Such a cool idea. My fav is the Eiskompressor and Napoleon. They came out great.

Cody

Soup39

Dude just noticed the dimples on the ice cream sandwich.  That is awesome, Well played!

Addy Bart

Martan

All great! Especially the ice cream sandwich😎

richard_mcg

Fantastic builds!  And I just noticed the cat cuddling the flare - cool!  :)

lincolnic

These are 100% great. The ice cream sandwich might be my favorite!

diablochris6

I get the sense that you enjoy ice cream...I can't say for certain though.

Great motifs. That ice cream sandwich is great!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

lincolnic

Quote from: diablochris6 on July 13, 2016, 08:52:03 PM

Wait, are you implying that there are people who don't enjoy ice cream?

diablochris6

Quote from: lincolnic on July 13, 2016, 09:13:13 PM
Quote from: diablochris6 on July 13, 2016, 08:52:03 PM

Wait, are you implying that there are people who don't enjoy ice cream?

We live in a fallen world, my friend. Some have yet to see the light...
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here