News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

UK Builders - Where do you buy odd value ceramics?

Started by Adam_DIY, July 14, 2016, 10:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

Some background first - I built a load of pedals on pcb and Vero using parts from Tayda and to be honest I wasn't that happy with any of them they were all kinda noisy and had some scratchiness mixed in with the OD or noisy repeats on delays. 

I'd been trying to figure out why a sweet honey OD I made a few weeks before didn't sound that great and eventually switched out the wimpy looking tiny ceramic cap for an NPO I had just ordered. Immediately the annoying scratchy fuzziness was gone.  So I went through all of my recent builds and desoldered the tiny Tayda ceramics replacing with NPO as I went and every single pedal improved massively.

The problem I'm now having is sourcing some of the weirder values in the UK e.g 390p and 820p for a Klone. I've looked at bitsbox, RS, farnell, Cpc and rapid.  The problem I'm having finding C0G or NPO in these values is they're either huge, ridiculously expensive or I have to buy 100 of them.

So UK/European builders where do you buy your ceramics from?  I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order from Mouser and pay the import taxes.

Adam_DIY

Just bought a bunch in every value above 100p from Paul Chromesphere's site.  I didn't realise he did them and was just looking for some diodes.  Some bargainous prices on there.

Stomptown

Glad you found his store!  And yeah, Tayda's ceramics are crap.  :P