News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Miracle Mongin (Green Bean and Slow Loris 2-in-1)

Started by Tuxedo3, August 11, 2016, 08:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Hey guys, here to show you my first 2-in-1 build. I named it The Miracle Mongin after my friend (his last name is Mongin, he has like 20 nicknames, Chunka Mike, Chunks, The Miracle Mongin, the list goes on). This was really challenging for me, I am insanely happy with how it turned out though. The LED for the Green Bean is green, and the Slow Loris is red. That makes me happy.

*I took this picture before I soldered on that effect switch board on, disregard how that is just sitting there.

jimilee

That looks really nice. I imagine it's a big fat sound when they're both on.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Nice! I'm with jimi bet it sounds great with both cranked.

Did a double take when I noticed where the jacks were. Not totally sold on top mounted jacks but I've never tried bottom mounted jacks.

m-Kresol

I like it, the colour is kind of the colour of austrian military vehicles ^^ any plan to add labels? with that many going on it's easy to get lost.

I recommend using 3PDT daughter boards especially for multi builds, just makes wiring so much easier and cleaner. You did a good job though even without them.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Aleph Null

Love the order switcher. What inspired the jack placement?

Drew Hallenbeck

Cool to see this one finished up. I know you've had it in the works for a while. Even had room to stuff in the order selector switch. Awesome!
And no doubt it sounds amazing.
Out of curiosity, what order do you prefer? Rat first or the OD?
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Tuxedo3

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 12, 2016, 05:30:34 PM
What inspired the jack placement?

Honestly, space. I didn't think I could get them on the sides between the boards and the footswitches, so I thought of the bottom and it actually works really well on my pedalboard!

Quote from: desmondtencents on August 12, 2016, 07:54:25 PM
Out of curiosity, what order do you prefer? Rat first or the OD?

Man, good question. I'm a big fan of TS circuits, and the idea was to use the Green Bean as like a dirty boost into the RAT, ya know. But i've never used a RAT before and that's a sweet sounding distortion. So i'd have to go with that.